Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flemish made 'Langemarck' shield

Article about: I wanted to get opinions on the Flemish shield on the right. I am looking to purchase and wanted to find out how rare these are and if this one looks to be original. Thanks very much in adva

Default Flemish made 'Langemarck' shield

I wanted to get opinions on the Flemish shield on the right. I am looking to purchase and wanted to find out how rare these are and if this one looks to be original. Thanks very much in advance for taking the time to post on this item!!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flemish made 'Langemarck' shield   Flemish made 'Langemarck' shield  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flemish made 'Langemarck' shield
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flemish made 'Langemarck' shield

Google Afbeeldingen resultaat voor http://img139.echo.cx/img139/3566/langemarkview9nq.jpg

The site is flemish, i am flemish i read it , these are the badges they used

?

I am not an expert with foreign cloth items...... but imo it is a fake. I do not like the arm area, lower arm to be more specific. The arm seems to thick and bulky............ also i believe the whole construction is a little off. Better let more seasoned collectors answer.......but there are my 2 cents, lol !!!!

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

Sam

I found this link so it looks like it matches up pretty well>>>>The Flemish Legion - Langemarck ยป Arm badges

you are right , the left one must be very rare, i didnt saw that one yet

Hello there,

It is one of those items that "might" be authentic but there really isn't a textbook pattern so they are easy to fake.

William Kramer

The Collector's Guild this link should give you some inkling as to the make up of this badge and how rare it is.
    From menory the badge on the left is not SS but NSKK and it looks okay to me but I don't believe I have seen one for sale.

I am happy with both badges. Bochmann's memory serves him correctly, the left one was worn by the NSKK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you very much gentleman. I really appreciate your help! I am starting a new case with Flemish / Wallon items. Have a very nice weekend!

Regards,

Sam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast