Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead

Article about: This SS man smiles while he works with needle and thread, knowing that decades hence, in a new century, his handicraft will generate dozens of crazed posts by those here who can only poorly

?

Default Re: Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I found this image here, which is a website to please many enthusiasts courtesy of the US National Archives.

Kriegsberichter Archive
    What a great link FB , many thanks the RKT looks like Gerd Bremer from the LAH !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead

I see know Andreas had already named him !!

What is interesting about the photo is that he was an SS Obersturmfuhrer when he won the RK but in this photo is wearing the award but still wears his SS Untersturmfuhrer rank tab !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul E View Post

What is interesting about the photo is that he was an SS Obersturmfuhrer when he won the RK but in this photo is wearing the award but still wears his SS Untersturmfuhrer rank tab !!
    Wow! I wish I had your knowledge and eye for detail Paul !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Never see this one of Bremer before Nick !!

1st July 1916

Thanks. Such facts are why the internet savants and blowhards that trouble many sites with their hot fundamentalism need to deepen themselves in the historical record itself versus what might be put out by the Schiffer company as holy writ.

?

Got to thank you again FB just come across some Narva photos on this site whcih i have never seen before including some superb ones of Alte Fritz , Fritz von Scholz and Albrecht Krugel

1st July 1916

Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadFlick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadFlick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead
    Got to thank you again FB just come across some Narva photos on this site whcih i have never seen before including some superb ones of Alte Fritz , Fritz von Scholz and Albrecht Krugel
    My pleasure, dear colleague. I did not look at all of it, mind you, but am happy that each one here finds something of merit.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-21-2013 at 04:38 AM.

?

A fascinating look at the waffen SS through their own eyes. Thanks for sharing the link. I include one interesting image of the RuSHA arm raute in use.
    In the group of photos by SS−Kriegsberichter Homann. The series of photos show the P E division so I wonder if the raute is related not to the RuSHA but the 7th Waffen SS mountain division. Or perhaps it represents a previous appointment?
    Last edited by jHAM; 07-29-2013 at 09:58 PM.

I think that the Prinz Eugen unit also wore the badge, come to think of it.....but I am not very good on this phase of things. Thank you for the image. I have not looked at them all.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I think that the Prinz Eugen unit also wore the badge, come to think of it.....but I am not very good on this phase of things. Thank you for the image. I have not looked at them all.
    A most interesting image....

Sure enough, the Prinz Eugen division used the Odalrune symbol, but on their collar patches. During his time as the divisional commander, Artur Phleps also wore an oval sleeve patch with the Odalrune symbol.
    (I vaguely remember having read somewhere that initially all Prinz Eugen officers ranked Standartenführer or higher - i.e. those who wore their rank insignia on both collar patches - were to wear this insigne, but that this was never implemented and thus remained unique to Phleps.)

Here is another image of the man in the above photograph; he appears to be wearing the SS-KB-Abt. sleeveband, although the image is not clear enough to be entirely sure:

The wear of the RuSHA-sleeve diamond by a basic-level private serving (perhaps as a driver) in a Waffen-SS war correspondent unit is not easily explained... (Well, at least not by me.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast