Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

That found someone

Article about: Thanks to Robert for sprucing things up here, as it was getting rather boring with too many 'scull' and patch threads. I also am quite sure that Germany and Austria are home to material that

Thanks to Robert for sprucing things up here, as it was getting rather boring with too many 'scull' and patch threads.

I also am quite sure that Germany and Austria are home to material that never sees the light of day, and makes circles far away from these sites of ours.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement That found someone
    P
    Many

That found someoneThat found someoneThat found someoneThat found someoneThat found someoneThat found someoneThat found someoneThat found someoneAnd, there are some very subtle things about real black SS uniforms in images that contrasts greatly to the messed with thingies.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-03-2013 at 04:24 PM.

That found someoneMy friend David Delich adds this example of the SS Sammelstelle cuff title. I think this badge was first announced by 1935, actually.

I can only hope that contributors to this site have purchased these treasures and this is not the last we see of them. They are both great items but the SS Sammelstelle is a new and interesting area of study for me to pursue further....something I have probably overlooked due my lack of lingual abilities. Thanks to all. Paul

?

Its certainly the first time I've seen a marksmanship raute attached to a tunic!

Thanks Robert for posting the Sammelstelle tunic. An interesting and rarely seen uniform. If the cuff title was introduced at the same time as the collar patch I agree that it was first mentioned in 1935 but I don't believe that it wasn't finally approved until early 1936. I do have some material somewhere regarding this organisation's insignia as I seem to remember that they requested a runic tab but were turned down. I will search it out.
    I suspect that the group was disbanded in 1938 as the title disappears from the price lists around then and I don't suppose there would have been much of a role for them after the Anschluss.
    d'Alquen
    Last edited by d'alquen; 11-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.

That found someoneAs I noted, the roles and missions of the organization are extensively interpreted in the Rothlaender book I mentioned awhile ago. This organization is not well analyzed in any English language, regalia oriented book of which I am aware.

That found someoneThis extract from the Mitteilungsblatt is from mid to late 1935, I did not save the date when I clipped it.

Ah, thank you for reminding re: the RZM. They date the armbands as new articles in August 1935. It must just have been the collar patches that were still being debated later that year.
    d'Alquen

It would appear that the first pattern collar patch for the SS-Sammelstelle was a blank tab and that is why it isn't apparent in any RZM announcements around the time of the sleeve band.
    d'Alquen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast