Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

Article about: I still can't believe this thread exists. What a lucky find. This is really the dream.

Default Re: Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

This will get intersting and I may be wrong as I am not a big SS collector.
    So this should get good.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    P
    Many

Here are a few more pics of the visor and m43 cap. The visor is rough but the m43 is in great condition!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!   Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!  

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!   Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!  

?

just wait,...a real expert will chime in and these guys will hop on the wagon like long lost cousins

...and a few more of the tunic!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!   Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!  

Yeah I thought that might be it! Great find any who!

Happy new years!
    Caleb.

Quote by jws54 View Post
    just wait,...a real expert will chime in and these guys will hop on the wagon like long lost cousins
    Thanks for your valued contribution

Nick

- - Updated - -

The insignia doesnt look bad to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi,i'm no expert on ss clothing but i like what i see.The cap has the correct "ribbed"effect on the peak for a ww2 example and the cut inside the SS tunic has the correct "inward slant to the lining.The insignia look ok to me but as i say i'm no expert on these,i go for steels!!Just my opinion but i think you have actually found a good and very valuable group. P.S. the tunic also has the correct five buttons to the front that SS tunics have opposed to the six a heer jacket would exibit.

We have already commented favorably on your material in another post. Look at the thread " RFSS cuff title" down a bit from here. Some thought your uniform was mine, which of course is silly. We're glad you show it to us formally.
    The uniform is a mid war one, with real badges. I assume this SS man was attached to the Reichsfuehrung SS and had the alu embroidered cuff title, on what is otherwise a drab uniform. The black cap is a private made cap of the era 1936 or 1937, but it seems without the runic marks and such. Its badges are authentic. The M 1943 cap seems fine to me, too, and matches the tunic.
    I think the material is first rate and a very nice discovery for you, which, if you choose, you can easily sell for a fine sum.
    I am of an age when I recall this kind of discovery as normal,. My first exposure to this kind of thing in 1961 or so was with the helmets, arm bands, and belt brought back by the father of a friend.
    The HJ armband is not impossible, as the SS had a close relationship in recruitment with the HJ.
    There were several locales where the enlisted staff of the RFSS might have been located which your U.S. solider might have stumbled on this.

Hi,

A great find, I only wish I could have that kind of luck.

Hi Devin, welcome to the forum!

This is outstanding original material and the find of a lifetime. Congratulations.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast