Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

Article about: I still can't believe this thread exists. What a lucky find. This is really the dream.

?

Default Re: Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

The style of the cap is'nt a M 43. Buttons on the front doesen't make difference between of them. Longer peak, and higher " ear" part, plus grommets and leather sweatband is more the Jager cap, then M 43. Also cotton liner and firm marking is showing earlier period of producing
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    P
    Many

I would like to hear some more on the lining on the allgemeine cap ..would like to have a look if there are any tags ? what about the fact there are no ruins ? . top of the cap looks aged ?

I am the last to knock things with out been 100% .. and we all have seen odd balls , but this been untouched tunic i would expect to see the tabs machine sowin , as they show no wear at all ,
    be for any one jumps on me i ant knocking it yet but i am on pare with Dimas at this stage .

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The style of the cap is'nt a M 43. Buttons on the front doesen't make difference between of them. Longer peak, and higher " ear" part, plus grommets and leather sweatband is more the Jager cap, then M 43. Also cotton liner and firm marking is showing earlier period of producing
    All of which makes for a desirable object in my view. I am avowedly no expert in grey uniforms, especially field uniforms.
    I am grateful to Mr. Devin that he posts his material here, however.

?

all the 3rd Reich technologists use one book for their measurements, the difference in the technologies how to cut and sew is different, but the measurements is circa the same
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by hawkins View Post
    Iwould like to hear some more on the lining on the allgemeine . cap would like to have a look if there are any tags ? what about the fact there no ruins ? . top of the cap looks aged ?

I am the last to knock things with out been 100% and we all have seen odd balls , but this been untouched tunic i would expect to see the tabs machine sowin , as the show no wear at all ,
    be for any one jumps on me i ant knocking it yet but i am on pare with Dimas at the stage .

I already addressed this point in my earlier post, and the word you want is "runes," not "ruins."
    The black cap is either of a type without the normal marks, examples of which I have posted many times, or the runics vanished, as does also happen.
    The black cap is quite real, in fact.
    If some doubt adheres, then look at my posts in which there are hundreds and hundreds of photographs of a variety of black SS caps in their evolution from start to finish.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I already addressed this point in my earlier post, and the word you want is "runes," not "ruins."
    The black cap is either of a type without the normal marks, examples of which I have posted many times, or the runics vanished, as does also happen.
    The black cap is quite real, in fact.
    If some doubt adheres, then look at my posts in which there are hundreds and hundreds of photographs of a variety of black SS caps in their evolution from start to finish.
    i will have to do some more looking on here ,

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    i will have to do some more looking on here ,
    At your service:

You will also notice that the cap in question has the size penciled onto the peak, suggesting the work of an artisan versus a cap factory.

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Another point of data is the early Deschler "scull" which fits with the Tuch versus Trikot cap cover. The tricot cap became the norm at the end of 1935. The caps I enclose from my own collection are of 1934 or 1935 date. The cap found in Nebraska is likely similar. These kind of subtle details are very hard to recreate on command without extraordinary resources.

I would like to hear some more on the lining on the allgemeine cap ..would like to have a look if there are any tags ? what about the fact there are no ruins ? . top of the cap looks aged ?

I am the last to knock things with out been 100% .. and we all have seen odd balls , but this been untouched tunic i would expect to see the tabs machine sowin , as they show no wear at all ,
    be for any one jumps on me i ant knocking it yet but i am on pare with Dimas at this stage .
    I assure you that it has not been aged at all. This cap was sitting on top of the rest with no protection so it had many years of dust on it...here are so more close-ups! Hope these help!

Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!   Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!  

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!   Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!  

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!   Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!  

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast