Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

Article about: I still can't believe this thread exists. What a lucky find. This is really the dream.

Default Re: Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

Thanks the lack of rune's on the liner pulled one over me .. As i know this is the norm on officers but em;s i would expect this to be more the norm to have them on the liner from what i have seen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    P
    Many

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    Quote by hawkins View Post
    Thanks the lack of rune's on the liner pulled one over me .. As i know this is the norm on officers but em;s i would expect this to be more the norm to have them on the liner from what i have seen
    To be sure, in the majority of cases, one sees the runics and tags as ordered in mid 1934. However, there are exceptions and these are hardly insignificant.

?

may be an officer's cap, just with replaced chinstrap and buttons
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

No, the cap has no velvet band. It is an extra wear enlisted cap of I type I own and have illustrated, if you care to look.
    I do not know much, really, but I do know something about black SS caps.

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Cap with velvet band.

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!The cap cover and cap band look of identical Tuch in these images, but our friend can tell us otherwise.

There are persons here who can well restore this cap with the care and expertise it deserves.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

To be sure, in the majority of cases, one sees the runics and tags as ordered in mid 1934. However, there are exceptions and these are hardly insignificant.
    Thanks seems we have a Fixation of seeing every thing stamped and tagged to death

Yes they are of the same material...this is a enlisted visor!

Quote by hawkins View Post
    Thanks seems we have a Fixation of seeing every thing stamped and tagged to death
    And no one is more fixated on tags and stamps than myself, but in a minute examination of these things since the end of the 1960s, I have learned a few things as concerns exceptions.
    These examples that deviate from what we think to be the norm are interesting and significant, even if they confuse many people.
    However, I think the cap covered with dust is a tailored object of fairly early date and completely real.
    The new owner should carefully remove as much of the dirt and grime as possible, since such filth destroys the wool with a slow brutality.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast