Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

Article about: I still can't believe this thread exists. What a lucky find. This is really the dream.

?

Default Re: Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

that is a beautiful cap,..thanks for reshaping it,....!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    P
    Many

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this great uniform....I have learned a lot from you guys!

Devin

ΑΜΑΖΙΝG FIND.Thanks for sharing

Thanks again for everyones help on this Waffen SS Attic Find....I just wanted to update and let you all know that I was able to get that US vets WWII 2nd Infantry Division uniform and some photos of him from his son. Plus I asked him to sign a paper stating that his father brought these items back from Germany after the war ad they had been in the attic of his home every sense until I found them in Dec 2012. I just wanted to make sure to add to the provenance and authenticity of this grouping.

Devin

Thanks for the update and a wise move.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the update and a wise move.

Cheers, Ade.
    I second the above and applaud you for spelling "provenance" correctly. Much good fortune in your collecting. The only challenge is to find SS material at discount prices, which is an uphill struggle. Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

The lucky man !

As an addendum to this thread I should state that last week I met a German friend from Cologne of my German friend from Munich and the new Cologne friend tells me that in the attic of his grandfather there is a box containing a black uniform of a now deceased friend of the grandfather (who is also now deceased).

My new best friend from Cologne says he is quite happy to retrieve said box when he is next visiting his grandmother and I am welcome to its contents.

I will not hold my breath as no doubt many such trails of foetid woolens lead up the proverbial garden path.

However as our fortunate member above has demonstrated, the garden path does sometimes lead to a pot of gold.

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    As an addendum to this thread I should state that last week I met a German friend from Cologne of my German friend from Munich and the new Cologne friend tells me that in the attic of his grandfather there is a box containing a black uniform of a now deceased friend of the grandfather (who is also now deceased).

My new best friend from Cologne says he is quite happy to retrieve said box when he is next visiting his grandmother and I am welcome to its contents.

I will not hold my breath as no doubt many such trails of foetid woolens lead up the proverbial garden path.

However as our fortunate member above has demonstrated, the garden path does sometimes lead to a pot of gold.
    Here the uniform of Sta. 58, the Cologne-Aachen-Bonn Standarte. Sta. 85 is that of Saarbruecken. Neither found in an attic, at least by me, but came from old collections, and the Saarbruecken one via Manions in the late 1970s.

You never know, It could be some raggy shirt. Or it can be Heinrich Himmlers Tunic! Good luck on that one update us once it happens.

Cheers, Evan

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast