Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

Article about: I still can't believe this thread exists. What a lucky find. This is really the dream.

?

Default Re: Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

The lure of the dollar has superceded History and decent behaviour
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It's a shame that the good nature of the members here is taken advantage of in this manner and this isn't the first or last case I'm sure.

This thread alone has given the OP a solid base of provenance and more information than I dare say he would've been able to find out alone and which has enabled him to make a considerable amount of money for nothing.

And the reward for all the contributing members assistance, time, knowledge and interest has been a big fat nothing.

No word of thanks, no update out of courtesy, just a huge amount of money which members here have helped the individual achieve and I'm sure very satisfied grin.

Good luck to you Devin, if this is the way you conduct yourself, I'm sure you're going to need it.
    I associate myself with the above. I could do so dozens of times when our collective learning and patience has been mangled with such mercenary behavior. How many times have I knocked myself out to receive either silence or a peevish answer, or, the jealous outbursts of other members here, or the invasion from the other site with some psyops in order to capsize us.

Nonetheless, our good example has made this site vastly superior to the competition, I think, for which I thank my moderator colleagues for their standards and alertness.

Low cunning in collectors is as despicable as the witch burning of dealers. None has any moral high ground on which to stand.

This site also sets a higher standard which is disquieting to people who find it alien and are drawn to the gutter and sewer that is the norm elsewhere.

Thanks to Paul E and the twin Adrians for all their fine support and, as always, my admiration for Ben's energy and wit.

Although I understand that common courtesy should entail a 'thank you', especially if the comments on here actually resulted in a big buck sale, I think it should be noted that he actually did thank the contributors a few pages back. Also, I couldn't help but feel that some needlessly put him and these items through the grinder at first when posted, as has been commented on a few times earlier in this thread.

That said, I appreciate the points being made here but I can't help but feel that this damnation is going a bit overboard... my opinion, feel free to disagree.

I did also notice him thanking people several times...
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Well just to add to the pot he was pedaling these items off before this topic and was trying for a biding war . and had a sad story to go with it how he had 7kids to feed and a dying wife in Hospital

?

A simple courtesy bearing in mind the large amount of cash that has been pocketed as a result of the authentication of the items would have been to at least to contribute towards the forum by joining or maybe the free valuation and authentication service was all that was required !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I can actually foresee a balanced solution..

A charge of $10 per authentication as a payable donation to the forum.

Just found this thread. Wow, this find has less chances to happen in a lifetime, than winning the lottery.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by hawkins View Post
    Well just to add to the pot he was pedaling these items off before this topic and was trying for a biding war . and had a sad story to go with it how he had 7kids to feed and a dying wife in Hospital
    Well, if that's the case then I have no problem understanding this furor... would sound like he's truly off his rocker then. None of this is pointed/referred to in this thread, though, so without "inside" knowledge such as this it's practically impossible to understand the degree of anger that is being displayed. Nice to have a reason why to go with this outbreak of anger..

Quote by hawkins View Post
    Donnerwetter. Truth be told, I thought some of the story stretched credibility at the time, actually.

- - Updated - -

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I can actually foresee a balanced solution..

A charge of $10 per authentication as a payable donation to the forum.
    Bravo.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast