Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Free India Legion Hockey team

Article about: Just found another great photo which I had not seen before. I realise they were not yet Waffen SS at this point in time, but I include it here for interest's sake. Foreign volunteer pics are

Default Re: Free India Legion Hockey team

Attached Images Attached Images Free India Legion Hockey team  Free India Legion Hockey team  Free India Legion Hockey team 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Free India Legion Hockey team
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Free India Legion Hockey team   Free India Legion Hockey team  

Free India Legion Hockey team   Free India Legion Hockey team  

Free India Legion Hockey team  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Two members of the German Cadre.

One Heer and one SS, which is a very rare image.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Free India Legion Hockey team   Free India Legion Hockey team  

Indian Nationalist Leader Subhash Chandra Bose who promoted the idea of the Legion with the Germans, and of course with the Japanese with the "Indian National Army".

If anyone is interested in this rather interesting aspect of WW2, I can recommend a recently purchased book.

"For Free India; Indian soldiers in Germany and Italy during the Second World War" by Martin Bamber.

The Free Indian Legion - Home Page

Contains many more photos of Indian soldiers in German and Italian service with orders of battle and personal stories.

Regards

Richie

BTW - I have connection with the book other than as a buyer.

Great info folks thanks for posting!!!

Absolutely fascinating! Perfect example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Thanks for the photos, and info on the book.

Jay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2