Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Generals White Top Visor

Article about: Coming up soon in an action held by HH of Munich. Starting price - 18,000 euros!

?

Default Generals White Top Visor

Coming up soon in an action held by HH of Munich. Starting price - 18,000 euros!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Generals White Top Visor   Generals White Top Visor  

Generals White Top Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Generals White Top Visor
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Generals White Top Visor

Real one? who knows...
    All I know is that if I were stinking rich, I'd be on the next flight to Munich to check it out in person because that's one unbelievably rare cap if real.
    Unfortunately, I'm not rich so I can't even consider it!

I liked the one on the Whamond site much better, really.

The "ripples" in the sweatshield do no remind me of any period sweatshield. This characteristic is reminiscent of products of the
    4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

just the price is real.

junk like much other things (as usually)

But the piece on the Whamond site struck me as quite real.

Hence, one should never dismiss all these things. Many of the parade German auction houses are vectors for much mischief, one does have to say. But on the other hand, Robert H is much closer to the source in examining a lot of material and has a learned and critical eye. I have great faith in his assessment, as I do in that of Ben VK.

All the same, I have now seen and even own things I would never dreamed of 20 years ago, before the Wundertuete of the internet came along.

I mean, I had never really examined one of these Sonderanfertigung caps for an officer, even though my first cap ever was a similar model for enlisted ranks....

Happy head wear.

?

I agree that the cap sold by Peter recently did look like the real deal. I didn't really hold out much hope for the one above and it's dodgy credentials have been confirmed by a very knowledgeable source and I thank him for his insight.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I agree that the cap sold by Peter recently did look like the real deal. I didn't really hold out much hope for the one above and it's dodgy credentials have been confirmed by a very knowledgeable source and I thank him for his insight.

Thank you, dear colleague. I think the cap in the auction house is plainly too good to be true, surely.