Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

General's White Uniform

Article about: The above is not an SS uniform, but a Trachten Joppe, and I bought it in Vienna from a Salzburg maker.

?

Default karl wolf litweka, white

General's White Uniform
    Here is the Wolff tunic, it is made by Steckbarth, dated 1942 named to Wolff , brought back by a Lieutenant Colonel in the MP's who was in the 88 th division that arrested him , although original picture is quite detailed I did not have much luck with this photo sorry for that , I will have to work on my photography.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General's White Uniform
    P
    Many

?

bfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by BenVK; 01-27-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    not wanting to make too much a point of it (as apparently strange things are sometimes seen and are nothing sinister) but simply to mention it, the black cut edges of the sleeve eagle are pristine and i wonder about whether they might be so on a tunic that has been worn much and cleaned and stored and moved about much over the decades. again, this is merely an observation. Arran makes an observation that is interesting re: the cut and configuration of the breast pockets. the material, the shoulder boards and other points made here do not reassure me however, to condemn the thing is something above my pay grade around here and, i think, best left to our other and more capable and experienced members in this realm.

a good thread.
    i can tell you owning one my self , and just going on my own experience with it , The tabs on mine have bleed there colour in to the white coller from time and climate change . and just storage , and the tunic it self shows sigin;s of so called yellowing .
    i would not dismiss the tunic just ,yet RESTORD maybe ?

In addition to HPL's succinct overview of the white tunic it would appear that the white tunic was officially introduced by an order of Himmler's on the 28th of May, 1937. A letter to all the SS-Oberabschnitten from the head of the SS-Hauptamtes three days later advises members not to order the tunic until the regulations are worked out. In the original order, the tunic (made of washable linen) was for wear on excursions, for horseback riding and walking out. But Himmler then immediately decreed that the tunic could not be worn in public, only within SS establishments and for riding. Hence the recommendation to put off ordering the tunic.
    d'Alquen

Quote by jimtoncar View Post
    General's White Uniform
    Here is the Wolff tunic, it is made by Steckbarth, dated 1942 named to Wolff , brought back by a Lieutenant Colonel in the MP's who was in the 88 th division that arrested him , although original picture is quite detailed I did not have much luck with this photo sorry for that , I will have to work on my photography.

Thanks so much for sharing your well known treasures. Any and all images are a great help to us all. Thanks.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    In addition to HPL's succinct overview of the white tunic it would appear that the white tunic was officially introduced by an order of Himmler's on the 28th of May, 1937. A letter to all the SS-Oberabschnitten from the head of the SS-Hauptamtes three days later advises members not to order the tunic until the regulations are worked out. In the original order, the tunic (made of washable linen) was for wear on excursions, for horseback riding and walking out. But Himmler then immediately decreed that the tunic could not be worn in public, only within SS establishments and for riding. Hence the recommendation to put off ordering the tunic.
    d'Alquen
    Thanks for this, which is a revelation, since the UM stuff is from 1939. This data shows once more, as if ever needed, as to how conflicted and
    and confused all of this was. Correct me if I am wrong, but to the extent that the uniform evolved in the new roles and such of the SS, and departed
    from the old figher, egalitarian racial elite piece, then good ole' Heini H. was seized by conniptions. Such applied to the introduction of the white shirt with the parade dress, and also the whacky Waffenfarbe thing, that is, the attempt by some to wear and out and out army uniform.
    Thanks.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thanks Jim, can you tell us something about the fabric used to make this one?
    Looks to be a woolen fabric rather than cotton of linen.
    Ben, I would say a light weight gabardine

?

ghjgjgf
    Last edited by BenVK; 01-27-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Posting on behalf of Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture General's White Uniform  

Very nice. Thanks so much, indeed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast