Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap

Article about: hello, I want to make sure the cap and metal eidelweiss sewn on the left side are correct? I could not find an example with this kind of stiching for the eidelweiss. thanks again mike k

?

Default German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap

hello,

I want to make sure the cap and metal eidelweiss sewn on the left side are correct? I could not find an example with this kind of stiching for the eidelweiss.

thanks again
    mike k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap   German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap  

German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap   German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap

Hi Mike, this one is bad.

The Waffen SS wore a Edelweiss in cloth, not metal. None regualtion use of the Heer version was not unknown in some units but was strictly unofficial. The cap itself is not a regulation model either.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade,
    thanks again - I looked and could not find the metal version which i figuered was a bad thing. I want to buy a hat/cap so bad. Hope i am not wearing out my welcome.
    i am reserching each item as you can see but still need great advice.
    i have a chance to buy another and will post this for my last one today. Got a headache researching these hats. boy 90 percent are Fakes.
    thanks again
    mike kloiber

Hi Mike, my advice would be don't go for something too exotic for a first purchase. A good Heer or Luftwaffe cap is a great starter both from a financial point of view and an experience one too. Forgot the SS stuff. Buy something which is "textbook" in appearance. From this you can start to build a collection.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade,

Solid advice and will do. I did purchase 2 original - flak hat and pith helmet - just got to realize a great price is a big red flag. I will post one more for today and leave it at that till I get the book (bible) sent from the UK.

thanks mike k

Hi Mike, the two good items are nice buys.

Bargains are few are far between today. The internet makes for a pretty level playing field when it comes to prices for good original militaria, with just a little flutuation between countries. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....."

Cheers, Ade.

T.K.
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, this one is bad.

The Waffen SS wore a Edelweiss in cloth, not metal. None regualtion use of the Heer version was not unknown in some units but was strictly unofficial. The cap itself is not a regulation model either.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade,

I don't know if the cap is bad since this is not my area, but what I know is that before october 1943 (and, in few cases after that date) WSS alpine troops often used the Heer Edelweiss against regulations.

BR
    Attached Images Attached Images German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap 

I dont like the bleached cap, but waffen ss surtenly used metal edelweiB. A lot of pics from ss skijeger batalion Norge regarding this.

Quote by jotuntroll View Post
    I dont like the bleached cap, but waffen ss surtenly used metal edelweiB. A lot of pics from ss skijeger batalion Norge regarding this.
    Hi Jotuntroll

Do you have any pics to show?

Here is a short discussion on the subject
    SS Mountain Troops cap edelweiss?

Cheers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem