Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond

Article about: Hello I came across a few photos of the Germanic SS with Sleeve Diamonds showing. I plan on purchasing one soon. Does anyone have one in their collection if so could you please show it? Than

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    this one is authentic...
    Authentic it most certainly is , as in >> period made .
    But do note that these short runes were the German made version , approved by RZM standards .
    I own at least one , nicely RZM tagged , just to make sure .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond
    P
    Many

BUT ,
    and this is a big but ,

sofar I have never , ever , seen a period picture of these short runes in wear .. ?!

The Dutch SS / Dutch Germanic SS always had the >> LONG << runes on these diamonds , i.e. the locally made versions , see my last picture . These are extremely plus rare , compared to the German made short runes ones .
    But so did the Flemish ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond   Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond  

Attached Images Attached Images Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond 

In fact , the LONG runes ( always locally made )
    are the only ones I have ever seen in period pictures - Dutch or Flemish ..
    ( sorry that these shown here are not for sale , please do not ask )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond   Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond  

I have always assumed that the short , German made , RZM-tagged versions that are so commonly found , were at least worn in Norway .
    But I have only found a single period picture of one in wear in that country - and again it was an elongated runes version .
    Maybe someone can finally show me a period picture of the German made SHORT RUNES version in wear anywhere .
    ( Maybe these were simply made too late to be actually issued , like other wartime SS insignia ? )
    Attached Images Attached Images Germanic SS Sleeve Diamond 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2