Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Getty images Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmet

Article about: no comment about decal.

Getty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetOne is an ex military person, and the other has the standard old fighter's chevron.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Getty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 920370Attachment 920371said persons appear to be wearing a grey helmet, too.....
    Interesting pictures. The helmet decals are also reversed with the runes on the left side. I have seen this in period pictures and at one time owned helmets in both configurations.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Interesting pictures. The helmet decals are also reversed with the runes on the left side. I have seen this in period pictures and at one time owned helmets in both configurations.
    Is there some type of significance/time frame with the reversal of the decals?
    Just trying to learn from the experienced who have handled these!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I had presumed like in the case of the Waffen SS, the decals were reversed for foreign volunteer. This dated photo proves that this was not the case.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Walther PP Pistolen?

What year is this?
    I was wondering that myself. They could be any number of small side arms-the Mauser Hsc, 1934 Mauser, or even one of the small Czech CZ's, Walther PP or PPK's, J.P. Sauers, etc. No real way to tell for sure exactly.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Getty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmet Happy to see that the photos arouse your interest. I always try to secure clear, detailed images of black uniforms. I have no understanding of pistols,
    other than one of the SD uniforms I do own has the kind of hook for the neck closure on one side to support exactly such a belt/holster arrangement. I.e. it is not a normal uniform side
    hook, but a smaller one. I should make an image of it sometime.
    I assume these two SD men were some kind of crack pistol shots in some competition of early 1936.
    Moreover, I am manifestly agnostic about the ins and outs of decals, i.e. the decalcomania mania, and I eschew it here.
    Happy 2016.

Getty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetThe hook on the SD Montur, which, as I look at it, is larger than that at the neck of a closed tunic or blouse.

Getty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetThe 08/15 Seitenhake, that is to say, service style hook, as often found on black tunics of one kind or the other. The walking out uniforms
    tend to have these rather less.

Getty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetLittle silly details in their variety.

Getty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetGetty images  Ullstein photo of SD NCOs in helmetI do not imagine either of these chaps was in one piece or very much alive a decade later, but I wonder who they really were?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast