Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Golden sleeve eagle?

Article about: Hi, I do not have a photo for the item, but home someone who has an idea on German uniforms can help.It seems to be a breast eagle or worn on the sleeve, eagle;s head is facing right, golden

Default Golden sleeve eagle?

Hi,

I do not have a photo for the item, but home someone who has an idea on German uniforms can help.It seems to be a breast eagle or worn on the sleeve, eagle;s head is facing right, golden eagle on black cloth...does this wring a bell?

Thanks,
    Neil.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Golden sleeve eagle?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Golden sleeve eagle?

are you sure it's black and not dark blue? sounds like a german navy breast eagle. some were woven in gilted metal threads, others in artificial silk (cello or trade-name celleon). administrative officers wore aluminum thread eagles and maybe also silver-colored thread eagles. after some time at sea the metal coated eagles' threads corroded looked bad; it was the salt air...

Hi again,

I have attached a scan of the eagle, gold on black ground, about 8x3 cm +/-, see front and back.

I can only asume that a survivor or an ex-Jewish Brigade brought this eagle back to Palestine after the war.

Any idea on this?

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden sleeve eagle?   Golden sleeve eagle?  

Hi

It is a correct BeVo SS Tropical sleeve eagle

Hi,

Thanks. Sorry for my poor knowledge, what is a BeVo? what units used it? rank? common on all SS uniforms?

Thanks.

?

yes a nice flat-woven BeVo example, made by the BeVo firm of wuppertal, germany. this one was issued and worn, and clearly removed from a uniform.

it is the enlisted mans' eagle for the left upper arm of a sand-colored tunic of italian cut (the "saharina") model), as worn in tropical/warm regions by troops of the armed ss aka the waffen-ss.

I'm sure that the true definition has been told before, but interestingly, the term BeVo is mostly mis-understood, and mis-interpreted.

BeVo is a term used by collectors to refer to a style of silk embroidery common in German WW II badges. The name itself comes from the BeVo-Wuppertal firm

Be stands for Beteilingung, or "partnership" in English, Vo is short for Vorsteher. The firm BeVo-Wuppertal came into being when the firms of Lucas Vorsteher and Ewelda Vorsteher amalgamated; both came from the Wuppertal-Bermen area.

So now you know

Thanks to you all!!!

?

you are welcome. we're glad to help. it's an interesting souvenir.

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    Thanks to you all!!!

Default Re: Golden sleeve eagle?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I'm sure that the true definition has been told before, but interestingly, the term BeVo is mostly mis-understood, and mis-interpreted.

BeVo is a term used by collectors to refer to a style of silk embroidery common in German WW II badges. The name itself comes from the BeVo-Wuppertal firm

Be stands for Beteilingung, or "partnership" in English, Vo is short for Vorsteher. The firm BeVo-Wuppertal came into being when the firms of Lucas Vorsteher and Ewelda Vorsteher amalgamated; both came from the Wuppertal-Bermen area.

So now you know
    thanks for the info john good learning thanks ewan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast