Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

good book on SS cloth insignia?

Article about: The Angola and Mollo books are musts. I enjoy the Beaver series but feel it is more of a coffeetable book than a heavy reference. Nevertheless get them. I'd like to hear more about the insig

?

Default Re: good book on SS cloth insignia?

The Angola and Mollo books are musts. I enjoy the Beaver series but feel it is more of a coffeetable book than a heavy reference. Nevertheless get them.

I'd like to hear more about the insignia book project, why will it be of reduced scope?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement good book on SS cloth insignia?
    P
    Many

?

I just ordered Collecting Third Reich SS & Political Cuffbands vol 1. How about Vol. 2 ? what is it about? Rare cufftitles only? It seems rarer and more expensive than vol.1.
    Actually I am more interested in tabs, TK's and eagles, but I also like to have book with nice pictures of items I will never own, just for study and reference. I like to extend my collecting with books, to reach where I cannot afford with real things. For me collecting is research, mainly.
    Regards

Matt

Quote by Tricot View Post
    I'd like to hear more about the insignia book project, why will it be of reduced scope?
    Please see here for more:
    completion of M. Beaver SS Insignia book - Topic Powered by Social Strata
    I also just noticed an error in my earlier post: The work will be completed by Mark Bando, not William Shea (who had finished the headgear volume). Sorry.

Quote by Zeller View Post
    I just ordered Collecting Third Reich SS & Political Cuffbands vol 1. How about Vol. 2 ? what is it about? Rare cufftitles only? It seems rarer and more expensive than vol.1.
    With 118 pages, volume 2 is thicker than vol. 1, which had only 79 pages. Vol. 2 also has some period photographs, which vol. 1 did not.
    91 pages of vol. 2 are about SS cuffbands (including the Stoßtrupp Adolf Hitler 1923 cuffband), the rest covers SA-, NSDAP-, HJ- and NS-RKB cuffbands.

?

thank you HPL2008!
    Regards

Matt

The Ulrich of England cufftitle books, both volumes, are important for you to become familiar with all varieties of amnufacture as well as variants and sub-variants. You never know what you will run across.

The Beaver books show clear close shots of insignia as worn on the tunics. There are enough good photos to make the 3 volume set a must.

Bob Hritz

?

Thank you Bob, earlier this noon i ordered the 2 books on cufftitles.
    Next step will be to get the Beaver books.
    Regards

Matt

?

I have all the books mentioned, but the first book I ever picked up on German militaria was the Ballentine book SS Regalia. All color photos and you might be able to find a copy for under $20. A fun book to have.

The ARTHUR c. HAYES BOOK IS GREAT FOR SS UNIFORMS this one full color photos uniforms cloth helmets hats a bit of everything and in CLOSE UP full color!

?

So far I only received the vol 2 on Cuff Titles. Great book, you were right. thanks for the suggestion!
    Any of the above book is strong on TKs and arm eagles, with close up, back and front pics?
    Regards

Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast