Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Green camo cap eagle cutt off

Article about: Those cammo caps that mr Delich owns makes me speechless!! Wow!! I would love to see them in full picture. Send a warm and gratefull thanks F.B to mr Delich for showing them and of course th

A shame if they cut it down tight to the edge without the folded under cloth, what a muppet whoever did this.

Still a rare eagle and as you say it will display nicely.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Green camo cap eagle cutt off
    P
    Many

The only logical theory I can think of is someone restored the camo under the impression it, too, was original, and once they realized it wasn't, but the eagle was original, made a cut out, which is a much smaller portion and harder to identify as a fake, in order to get a higher profit to regain their loss on the camo. But that's just a theory, of course. I just can't see any other reason to attach a original item to a fake, and then make a cut out of it.

Here are the pics.You can clearly see no shadow left by the eagle.You can also see how the eagle was cut down.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Green camo cap eagle cutt off   Green camo cap eagle cutt off  

Green camo cap eagle cutt off   Green camo cap eagle cutt off  

It's also to hide the fact that It doesn't has the folding material, what makes It some 'less valuable'.

I'm not a collector of SS sleeve eagles and would not know where to start authenticating it....... But what do see is the color green being very brilliant and unfaded. Is this eagle unissued or is it recent stitching created in a flea market stall. I'm sorry to be abrasive in my observation... But if this eagle was in the field and also over the last half century plus I would want to see some kind of age in the color. Am I wrong with my observation? Please someone explain to me why hadn't the color faded.... As the photography looks exceptional in detail and clarity . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't collect them either, Larry...But I questioned originality out of the same concerns...The whole set-up appears contrived to my eyes...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Gentlemen it is shiny and new looking i suspect it was unissued when the culprit trimmed it and added it to the camo material.
    I can assure you it is genuine and no more shiny or brilliant and unfaded as any other unissed ss cap eagle or sleeve eagle for that matter.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I'm not a collector of SS sleeve eagles and would not know where to start authenticating it....... But what do see is the color green being very brilliant and unfaded. Is this eagle unissued or is it recent stitching created in a flea market stall. I'm sorry to be abrasive in my observation... But if this eagle was in the field and also over the last half century plus I would want to see some kind of age in the color. Am I wrong with my observation? Please someone explain to me why hadn't the color faded.... As the photography looks exceptional in detail and clarity . Regards Larry
    It´s a cap eagle, made for the cammo caps toghether with the green skull And it´s probably unissued from the start. To find a used one is probably close to impossible . And that is probably the reason someone ruined a mint eagle to try to raise the value even more

No it's a old Globe Militaria fake circa 1977 to 1980 or a darn good twin of it I know I had one just like it I also had one in fall cammo too. Later on a sleeve eagle apeared on 44 dot. I stick by my eariler post I don't even believe the eagles are any good as the owner was in cohoots with the Autrian faker back in the day that made that stuff out of original thread in the same shop as wartime later on this was all exposed some time in the early 80's when it all came to lite. As I said in first post they were around fifty dollars a real bargain owner told me at that time he only had two but when a collector friend of mine wanted to show me the "Waffen SS eagle cut from a cammo cap" and I found out where he got it I became suspicious as mail order was all we had back then and called him same old story "Oh I forgot to remove it from the list" There is some question if the SS cammo is real and it probably is as it was plentiful in those days and not expensive as it is today. I saw these same confirguartions in the 80's at Tulsa GS and finally a dealer told me where he got them and the story behind them. If that ain't one of Jack's old deals someone got the idea from him. You could count on about 90% of his SS stuff to be fake. That is what took me out of the SS collecting. I am sad to see it or a modern verion of it still around. timothy

Timothy, do you have any evidence that will back your theory. I, personally, do not know much about said eagle, but a lot of people who do have given this example the thumbs up. That said, we all can be wrong at times, and inaccurate information can spread from collector to collector.
    Larry, many of these eagles, and items of such were found unissued in the depot at Dachau, for example. The soldiers who liberated the camps discovered these items in mint condition, shipped them home, and stored them for who knows how many years, possibly even in some type of sealed container such as a footlocker.
    Due to this, I don't find it unusual or surprising that one would find clothing, even now, from these depots in pristine condition, not unlike the example above. Also, the pictures provided seems to have used a flash, which can cause the item within the image to appear "shinny". In-hand, I'd think this item would be lacking vividness in comparison to what is portrayed in the provided photographs.
    I can recall many of times where I've taken pictures of similar cloth items, also using a flash. More times than not, it, too, resulted in a false representation of the items actual characteristics.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast