Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Green camo cap eagle cutt off

Article about: Those cammo caps that mr Delich owns makes me speechless!! Wow!! I would love to see them in full picture. Send a warm and gratefull thanks F.B to mr Delich for showing them and of course th

Those cammo caps that mr Delich owns makes me speechless!! Wow!! I would love to see them in full picture. Send a warm and gratefull thanks F.B to mr Delich for showing them and of course thank you too F.B for posting those treasures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Green camo cap eagle cutt off
    P
    Many

Glad it turned out for ddavis I think got wrapped up in the eagle and not the method it was attached to the cammo meant to decieve that was more or less my point as FB said even this old dealer had some good things and I am sure a lot of his insignia was ok also as the above eagle turned out. That is why I don't comment much on SS stuff but I think this has been a informative thread and we all learned a lot apoloigies to all and especially youth collector. timothy

Good to see that the eagle has been confirmed as an original.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I'm not a collector of SS sleeve eagles and would not know where to start authenticating it....... But what do see is the color green being very brilliant and unfaded. Is this eagle unissued or is it recent stitching created in a flea market stall. I'm sorry to be abrasive in my observation... But if this eagle was in the field and also over the last half century plus I would want to see some kind of age in the color. Am I wrong with my observation? Please someone explain to me why hadn't the color faded.... As the photography looks exceptional in detail and clarity . Regards Larry
    Not unusual at all. These were only officially worn on caps for about three months before the order came from Himmler for them to be removed .most were probably depot found by GI's .. Although regulations weren't always followed. It for safety reasons, so snipers couldn't spot them as easily. Camo shirts were not issued with these but some soldiers field applied them.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 575119Attachment 575123Attachment 575124Here you are, boys and girls, my mentor has this to say and he unlimbered some nice things from his treasure chest.
    You might thank him for same.

"....The green BeCVo eagle is a definite
    original. Compare it to my originals in
    the attachments:
    The finish on both the green and brown
    camo badges IS very shiney by nature, not
    just because it's new.
    Dave..."
    Wonderful , many thanks to Mr Delich for providing these photos to enhance this interesting discussion. FB would it be possible to see the Caps in their entirety ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks. Those are all the pictures I have. The pictures of Delich's caps are in the Shutt book ca. 1982.

Good book if you can find a copy of it I used to own it. timothy

Here's a scan from a known book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Green camo cap eagle cutt off  

Nice skull Ben.Thanks sid for posting the pics from the Book.I would love to own such a cap.
    I have enjoyed the cut & thrust of the debate it's been a enjoyable thread.
    Thanks again to everyone.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7