Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

GRENZ - POLIZEI Uniform Ensemble

Article about: please show inside of nice-looking tunic. the cuffband does not look pre-45 to me based on this foto. thanks for the post. by Bob Hritz I do not see anything that gives me concern, so far. I

?

Default Re: GRENZ - POLIZEI Uniform Ensemble

An excellent exert from a book in regards to ADEFA.
    Nazi chic?: fashioning women in the ... - Google Book Search

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GRENZ - POLIZEI Uniform Ensemble
    P
    Many

Ben,
    Thank you for the link to that book. I was unaware of it until your post and will now definitely look into it, the extract offers yet one more facet of that perplexing regime.
    D.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    An excellent exert from a book in regards to ADEFA.
    Nazi chic?: fashioning women in the ... - Google Book Search
    Ben, that is a good book that deals not only with women's fashion (and women in the Reich) , but economic resources of the Third Reich--it is a scholarly work, and extensively footnoted.

It also has a picture in it that dispels the "myth" that only SS items were made by KZ/Ghetto labor--there is a pic (plate 39) that shows young females of the Lodz Ghetto hand-emboridering LW and Heer insignia.

Maybe Mr. Chris H. Stonemint has some Weimar caps that illustrate the issue. The ones I have owned had no such inscription.[/QUOTE]

F-B: Interesting issue you raise, and one I had not considered. I checked my hats and resources, and cannot find one marked with"Deutsche Wertarbeit" nor do I recall seeing a Kaiserreich/Weimar hat marked as such. There are Kaiser-reich hats made during the TR (to replace hats the veterans had lost) that are marked as such, but they obviously do not count.

I thought I still had my DRK DDR visor, but must have let it go.
    Here is an early KVP visor with the marking:
    Attached Images Attached Images GRENZ - POLIZEI Uniform Ensemble 

Above hat. I would guesstimate it dates to the early 1950's, but no later than 1956:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GRENZ - POLIZEI Uniform Ensemble  

Thanks to all for the wise interventions. I had not known of the English language book on the fashion industry in III. Reich, but do own others in German. But Ben has made a wonderful addition to our collective quest and many thanks to all. There are many books on Aryanization, as well, that ventilate this issue, but this Berg Press work is first class. They publish very good books of great merit.
    Nazi economics policy is a side interest of mine, having been compelled to read a lot of European economic history in graduate school and in the subsequent years.

Best regards to all.

Sadly only for the real benefit of UK members, unless you can find it online elsewhere.

We touched upon ADEFA in this thread. In this TV prog it goes into some detail about this German tailoring concern and shows some footage of a Nazi clothing exhibition

Watch Nazi Victory: The Post-War Plan Online | On Demand | UKTV Play
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4