Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.

Article about: by d'alquen In the shot of the SS officers on manoeuvres in 1936 I don't think it can be von Hengl as I believe he had resigned from the SS in 1935. Could the photo be misdated? The facial f

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    In the shot of the SS officers on manoeuvres in 1936 I don't think it can be von Hengl as I believe he had resigned from the SS in 1935.
    Could the photo be misdated? The facial features appear to match von Hengl's perfectly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.
    P
    Many

Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.This is he, is it not?

Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.On the theme of grey tunics, with the open collar, David Delich has this superlative item. It was the property of the racial purifier, Lorenz.

HPL,
    I don't know of any other images from this training event so I can't add anything to the information already attached to the photo. I would suspect that Schneider was correct in the date as it states a definite location and a unit. There were one or two officers in "D' who did wear glasses so I think the best way to find out more would be to post the picture on Axis where the members are phenomenally skillful in identifying personnel.
    I'll post the picture there and we'll see if anyone can tell us who the bespectacled officer is.
    d'Alquen

Thanks. What happened to the Schneider archive?

I'm afraid I don't know. I had always just presumed that it disappeared into a collection in Europe. Perhaps Wim heard of its fate.

I also don't know what happened to his collection.
    Only thing I own are several book from him, they where sold to me in the 80's or 90's but from another collector friend.
    What I like is he corrected certain written mistakes. Incl. is also the one Cloth Insignia book from Angolia.

Thanks. The odd thing is that, in his preface to his 1991 edition of Vol. III of the magnum opus, Mollo has Jost Schneider having gone to heaven in 1991, and the man was busily writing letters in the mid 1990s.

Nor it is as if the material from of person of this kind is going to blast into the biotope we have here. Robert H. better understands the collecting circles among a certain generation in Europe, which is hardly public and high profile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2