Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

grey cap with runic interior

Article about: From the other site, a nice cap. With character.

Default grey cap with runic interior

grey cap with runic interiorFrom the other site, a nice cap. With character. grey cap with runic interiorgrey cap with runic interiorgrey cap with runic interior

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grey cap with runic interior
    P
    Many

grey cap with runic interiorgrey cap with runic interiorgrey cap with runic interiorgrey cap with runic interiorThese caps are quite rare, and usually in this shape (that is, worn...), but no less interesting for being so.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-16-2013 at 04:00 AM.

?

I am considering to include one of these worn WSS visors into my rather humble collection.

They speak for themselfs, and are so powerful made. No visors has been so beautiful made, not before- and absolutly not after the horrors of ww2 ended.

?

I'm very fond of these grey hats with runes as FB knows, thanks for bringing this one to our attention.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture grey cap with runic interior   grey cap with runic interior  

Nice pieces here.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'm very fond of these grey hats with runes as FB knows, thanks for bringing this one to our attention.
    Very interesting caps with lots of character thanks for sharing Ben does this one currently reside in your collection.

Regards Mark K

?

It does Mark but if anyone is interested in buying it, please drop me a line.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It does Mark but if anyone is interested in buying it, please drop me a line.
    I can vouch for Ben's cap--believe me, it is a stunner in hand.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks Chris, if it wasn't for your generous help, I probably wouldn't have bought this cap.

I had an interesting email today and I'd like to share with you all the general gist of it because it relates to the current state of collecting TR items.

Not long after I first posted images of said cap, I was contacted by a forum member who wanted to buy it.
    We agreed the price and a deposit was paid. However, he sent me an email today saying that he'd changed his mind about buying because over the last few months, much of what he'd read on collecting forums was about dishonest dealers and private collectors alike, the multitude of fake items being offered for sale and all the general skulduggery that is the world of collecting TR material.

I could only sympathise and agree with his sentiments and understood completely his reasons for backing out of the purchase.

BUT, the massive irony here is that I bought this cap from a well known dealer who has THE worst reputation for selling fakes but all I can say is that he was a joy to deal with from start to finish. The whole deal was completed very quickly and without any fuss or nonsense that sometimes can occur.

And in regards to fellow collectors, Chris bent over backwards in helping me with this hat and wouldn't even allow me to re-reimburse him! Thanks mate, I don't forget things like that.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that the whole collecting TR experience can be a series of awful disappointments or some of the highlights of your life depending on whether you choose to sink into the mire of negative paranoia or study hard, earn the respect and friendship of other like minded and knowledgeable collectors and just judge the item, never the reputation of the seller.

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast