Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

grey SS cap ca. 1938/9

Article about: by N.C. Wyeth How quickly you forget, FB . . . "we people", rely on you for this kind of information . . . and I find it sad to say, every so often, respect for your efforts seem t

Default grey SS cap ca. 1938/9

grey SS cap ca. 1938/9I diverged from my normal interest in black foetid woolens, and bought this cap. It is a grey cap whereby the buttons are Assmann with the VA contract number and the date 1938. It has no RZM tag in the present, whether it ever did, I know not and care not. grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9 Tne insignia are alu, whereby the skull is a Deschler and the eagle likely an Assmann, if I have an eye for these things. I won't pry the thing off.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grey SS cap ca. 1938/9
    P
    Many

Default Re: grey SS cap ca. 1938/9

There it is finally, I can see why you had to have this one, congratulations!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I won't pry the thing off.
    Best not to damage the "prongs" of Saint Deschler... (I would never remove such insignia myself either).

Is the Mütze lined entirely with Kunstseide? It seems so on the small photos. A beautiful Schirmmütze!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    There it is finally, I can see why you had to have this one, congratulations!
    Thank you. Best of luck in your collection.

grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9
    Quote by KSH View Post
    Best not to damage the "prongs" of Saint Deschler...

Is the Mütze lined entirely with Kunstseide? It seems so on the small photos. A beautiful Schirmmütze!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    No, no violence to these silly little things. I have other caps with the alu Totenschaedel, but not with the alu eagle.
    The latter has three "prongs..."! Imagine.
    The cap has paper in it. It is lined, and well padded, too. It is very early. I have another of early date, as well, but it is much more blue green in its field grey.

As long as I collected, I have sought these first generation grey caps, and the one in the box came from an advanced collection that was sold off. The one with the Hussarenschaedel came from Shea.

Congratulations on adding an exceptional example to your esteemed collection. The early gray VA mutze are so rare. Is an early gray tunic forthcoming?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9

No, no violence to these silly little things. I have other caps with the alu Totenschaedel, but not with the alu eagle.
    The latter has three "prongs..."! Imagine.
    The cap has paper in it. It is lined, and well padded, too. It is very early. I have another of early date, as well, but it is much more blue green in its field grey.

As long as I collected, I have sought these first generation grey caps, and the one in the box came from an advanced collection that was sold off. The one with the Hussarenschaedel came from Shea.
    I see - it is a very good feeling to find something one has been looking for for a long time. They have a poetry of their own, these grey caps.

The reason I asked about the lining is that I am very fond of caps where Kunstseide is used for all the lining, as opposed to just being used on the side pleats.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Congratulations on adding an exceptional example to your esteemed collection. The early gray VA mutze are so rare. Is an early gray tunic forthcoming?
    Dear Friend, thank you very much. No grey tunics at all, just this cap, since it was at hand in our mutual acquaintance. It may well be earth grey, which would be odd for 1938, I think, but it might be something akin to the Loch Ness monster. I will photograph it next to other caps that are classically field grey.
    You have all the nice grey tunics. I have a handful of grey caps for the sake of symmetry.
    My best to you, FB

Quote by KSH View Post
    I see - it is a very good feeling to find something one has been looking for for a long time. They have a poetry of their own, these grey caps.

The reason I asked about the lining is that I am very fond of caps where Kunstseide is used for all the lining, as opposed to just being used on the side pleats.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    Perhaps in Herman's image, you can see the inside properly. He makes far better pictures than can I. All the best. FB

grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9This cap is the spitting image of the Kleiderkasse one ca. 1940. But who knows, really? It is all shadows, ghosts, chimeras in their number.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast