Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

grey SS cap ca. 1938/9

Article about: by N.C. Wyeth How quickly you forget, FB . . . "we people", rely on you for this kind of information . . . and I find it sad to say, every so often, respect for your efforts seem t

Default Re: grey SS cap ca. 1938/9

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Outstanding. A real treat to see. All too often we click on a thread hoping to see something nice and are then let down by viewing something bogus. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.
    Dear Adrian, thank you. You and I have been through too much over the decade and more. I do hope to add value with my work here, and this piece is out of the norm. Even if it has a "scull" on it, and "prongs..." Bogus is a very good word, to be sure. My very best to you and your family, FB
    PS I will have other things to unveil in the time to come that will cause some interest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grey SS cap ca. 1938/9
    P
    Many

Do you people have mention of the grey peaked cap in price lists at some date ca. 1937 or 1938 beyond the citations in Mollo or Saris? That is, in the orders or a price list? I cannot photograph the buttons, but they are the variety used on caps and the back flap of overcoasts with the runes and date etc. They are sewn on.

For instance, the 1938 Allgemeine SS price list makes no mention of it, or am I in error? I will not rip off the insignia, which likely has a date on the Hoheitszeichen.....as if this issue mattered.

grey SS cap ca. 1938/9grey SS cap ca. 1938/9In fact, I was able to look at the back of the Hoheitszeichen without destroying it, and it does have 155/38, as is the case with the buttons...go figure. I guess the cap is from said year or 1939....Donnerwetter.grey SS cap ca. 1938/9

This image of the Hoheitszeichen is not mine, mind you. It illustrates that the pins on these things are fragile over the decades.

A very impressive piece, thank you for sharing!

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    A very impressive piece, thank you for sharing!

Mat
    thanks. Give you something to reflect on as regards context.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    thanks. Give you something to reflect on as regards context.
    One day, when I cheat the system and become a famous, rich artist before death... I may acquire some context too. A nice hat, with some of the finest looking insignia there.

Oh, and I've saved them for reference, and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Mat

Maybe these things will go back to what they cost me in 1970, which was eighty bucks. I wish I had that one, too, actually. It was a nice piece, the first grey SS cap I ever got and a handsome one.

[/QUOTE]This image of the Hoheitszeichen is not mine, mind you. It illustrates
    that the pins on these things are fragile over the decades.[/QUOTE]

All the more reason not to monkey with them.........!

Extremely nice, FB. Thanks for posting it !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Do you people have mention of the grey peaked cap in price lists at some date ca. 1937 or 1938 beyond the citations in Mollo or Saris?
    How quickly you forget, FB . . . "we people", rely on you for this kind of information . . . and I find it sad to say, every so often, respect for your efforts seem to be haphazardly overlooked in a very few situations. Keep up the good work - you are a genuine treasure to those of us that desire a deeper examination of that which we all enjoy and come here to pursue.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast