Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Grey SS caps, in this case authentic

Article about: Two grey caps as one seldom finds them...

Default Re: Grey SS caps, in this case authentic

The item number and price tag found in the cap in post N. 22. I am sure that no good deeds goes unpunished, and this tag will now be nicely copied by the malevolent eyes that gaze here over my shoulder...
    Attached Images Attached Images Grey SS caps, in this case authentic 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS caps, in this case authentic
    P
    Many

a Lubstein made cap, ex Stezelberger collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grey SS caps, in this case authentic  

a somewhat similar cap, from a tailor near Koeln
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grey SS caps, in this case authentic  

an enlisted cap, sold recently by a leading US dealer. These are quite rare objects.

a cap from a Vienna source in 1998; sold to a US collector in 2006 and then off across the waters to an eager, new home---appreciating in price as it went along. This cap also speaks to the flimsy, beat up posture of many of these authentic caps. The Totenschaedel on this cap was a crude casting, likely its badges had been stripped or whatever. But the cap was real. Das ist die Hauptsache.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-09-2008 at 06:50 AM.

an example from the US midwest posted some years ago on a public forum

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    My thoughts, for what they are worth, on posting pictures of items provided to you by others. My personal belief would be that I would not post a picture supplied to me in confidence without the permission of the
    owner. I would further elaborate that this is my personal opinion and not a judgement on what any one else does. My feelings come from an incident many years ago when I owned two N S D A P Judicial officials visor caps. As I only needed one in my collection, I offered the cap to a collector who had been asking all over the internet for one. I sent him photographs of the cap, which he pro,ptly posted on G D C for opinions from the Peanut Gallery. As I would surmise that 99.9% of the collector community has ever identified such a cap or even known anyone who has such a piece or seen one, the negative comments immediately started forthcoming from the know nothings of the collecting community. In such an instance, I believe a request to post for opinion should have been requested. I withdrew my offer to sell to the individual and sold it to another within 48 hours for the same price. As the items being posted on this thread are for reference and not for sale, possibly, my analogy of this situation may be completely wrong.
    Interesting- I had the same problem with white camo helmet- bunker found, I' ve send to the inspection and the man posted it in other forum- the answers like " run away" and I got it back...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Two grey caps as one seldom finds them...
    Interesting how these photos get around!

nco

?

Interesting big time caps, I think Sabastien has the biggest collection !

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast