Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grey SS caps for sale

Article about: Here are two grey SS caps for sale of interest. They are not mine, and I thought the images were nice enough, since I am dismayed by the sight of too many creepy fakes.

Default Grey SS caps for sale

Here are two grey SS caps for sale of interest. They are not mine, and I thought the images were nice enough, since I am dismayed by the sight of too many creepy fakes. Grey SS caps for saleGrey SS caps for saleGrey SS caps for sale
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-07-2013 at 10:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS caps for sale
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grey SS caps for sale

In any case, these two things appeared on the Shea and Herman sites, and they deserve at least attention for their authenticity.
    I have collected SS material more or less since the end of the 1960s, and I have not really noticed the price collapsing.
    I am sure I am obtuse, of course.
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-07-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Grey SS caps for saleGrey SS caps for saleI already own such caps, myself, but one can at least be interested in authentic material.

Hey FB,

I have been noticing a softening in the market conditions for certain Third Reich pieces over the past while. If one thinks back to 2007, alot of SS items, were very hard to come by. The prices reflected a good economy. Items flew off the shelf. It was no big deal to see dealers who had dwindling stocks of Third Reich collectables. Nowadays, i visit the same dealers who cant seem to move their pieces. Im sure there are buyers out there, but not as many. I could go into great details of market conditions but wont spare members of the boredom! Plain and simple... I am seeing a pricing struggle. If the economy continues to ride the same tracks for the next while, then the prices will reflect it. Simplest and most golden rule out there: Supply and Demand. Will there is alot of supply out there.

?

Some really nice examples. If I may ask, what is the asking price?

Samir

I also feel that alot of the old school collectors are now pasting away and the family have no interest in these things so more items are coming to the market that have been tucked away for years and also you have to look at the fact not so many of todays youth want to collect or can aford to collect these items so there may at some point be a drop in prices .It still boils down to something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

I agree, Krad. The market can be odd, for sure. Naturally, when prices are at record highs, all of a sudden you will see pieces coming out of every nook and cranny you look at-all from people hoping to cash in on the windfalls. It is like when gold and silver prices go way up-people start hauling out things they would never have previously thought to sell, but the lure of the big prices can be irresistible. But, as with any market-this hobby is no different. You're bound to see dips and swells-often matching the current state of the economy. As for the succeeding generations to come? It's hard to say, as quite often the next generation finds little or no interest in that which fascinated their previous generations. In less than 20 years, will be the 100 year mark since the beginning of the Third Reich. It's quite likely, by then prices of things will be drastically different than that of today. The true rarities will always be of decent price, but personally, I can't see things to endlessly keep increasing in value.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well said. My point here is to show real SS material versus its opposite.
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-07-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. How true, indeed. In any case, these two things appeared on the Shea and Herman sites, and they deserve at least attention for their authenticity.
    I have collected SS material more or less since the end of the 1960s, and I have not really noticed the price collapsing.
    I am sure I am obtuse, of course.
    FB - There are two caps on both the Shea site and the Herman site - and beyond these, to me , it seems quite a few more have been cropping up lately . . . when was the last time anyone recalls so many being available at the same time? I see the advertised prices are continuing to grow . . . but the available supply appears to be growing as well - what does this say about that tried-and-true Law of Economics 101 . . . is "desirability" truly trumping that Law on these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grey SS caps for sale   Grey SS caps for sale  

?

And the SS cap on the cover of the Wilkins book on Headgear sold recently.

Cheers, Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast