Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Grey SS caps for sale

Article about: Here are two grey SS caps for sale of interest. They are not mine, and I thought the images were nice enough, since I am dismayed by the sight of too many creepy fakes.

Default Re: Grey SS caps for sale

theoretically, prices move with change in supply when supply and demand are in an equilibrium.

in a situation where there is not equilibrium, say where demand far outstrips supply, then an increase in supply should not affect price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS caps for sale
    P
    Many

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    theoretically, prices move with change in supply when supply and demand are in an equilibrium.

in a situation where there is not equilibrium, say where demand far outstrips supply, then an increase in supply should not affect price.
    Thank you. Do let me repeat: I posted these to show real items.
    My role here has been to proffer knowledge about the III. Reich, not about collectors, nor the dynamics of the regalia market in one part of the world, nor cultural pessimism and pop macro or micro economic bromides in the particular form found here. I do not mean Mr. Tempelhof, but I do mean others whose posts are almost without exception seized of doubt, pessimism, resentment and a Freudian projection of their own misfortune onto others.
    Happy hats, chums....
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-07-2013 at 10:30 PM.

?

The amount grey SS caps sell for is amazing, and they prices I think will still go up as long as there are collectors buying them.

Thanks for sharing these photos again FB and others.

Grey SS caps for sale

as one who has tremendous appreciation for your efforts and the opportunity for the erudition that you provide, let me say that i apologize for extending any such debate here.

i meant to point out that such concerns about potential or coming problems in the pricing of III. Reich militaria, in my opinion, stem from a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of the market.

it seems obvious, that your wonderful display of authentic and rare items here are not an opportunity for such a post as mine.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    as one who has tremendous appreciation for your efforts and the opportunity for the erudition that you provide, let me say that i apologize for extending any such debate here.

i meant to point out that such concerns about potential or coming problems in the pricing of III. Reich militaria, in my opinion, stem from a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of the market.

it seems obvious, that your wonderful display of authentic and rare items here are not an opportunity for such a post as mine.
    Dear Sir, thanks and I am sorry. My critique was not leveled at you at all. It was directed at others. It is directed at others whose contribution here is chiefly negative, as is the case elsewhere.
    I appreciate your analysis, which is sound. Your posts are always very worthwhile. thanks, FB

I thank those who have made constructive comments and end this thread herewith.

?

First time checking in this thread, the very first grey cap F-B displays used to be mine which I have owned for a very long time, I recently sold it to Bill from whom I bought it years ago. A nice repaired example with a replaced eagle. I enjoyed this cap but as SS helmets are my primary interest this cap was sacrificed on the collecting altar for new SS study material made of steel painted in the colors of the Normandy campaign.

I believe it is best to use the thread for purposes intended rather than debate supply and demand, which like the tide changes and cannot be controlled. I would rather enjoy and study the items we collect rather than fret on current market valuations and if I will gain or lose on my purchase price.

I believe as collectors we are best served investing in research and study than monetary value, collect and study within ones means and share the gain of knowledge so others may prosper as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2