Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

grey SS officer's cap

Article about: Black caps are fine . . . but, personally, I tend to find the grey range much more stimulating.

?

Default Re: grey SS officer's cap

What on earth made me say moleskin, i dont know, but i was thinking of my telephone conversation with my youngest son, his nickname is mole, mine is papa mole, just goes to show i cant do two things at the same time, haha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grey SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's cap
    Quote by davejb View Post
    What on earth made me say moleskin, i dont know, but i was thinking of my telephone conversation with my youngest son, his nickname is mole, mine is papa mole, just goes to show i cant do two things at the same time, haha
    Yours was a fine question, since my own photo was not very good.
    These grey caps are often trikot, actually. But I also have an eskimo one, too. It is the twin of the cap on the Wilkin's book's cover.

That hat is stunning...to put it mildly!

Regards,

Sam

?

Thanks FB, those insignias are very fine examples, almost new

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capThe badges are a Hicke zinc Hoheitszeichen and a Zimmermann Cupal, alu or whatever Totenschaedel. I did not remove them, but relied on the expertise of the former owner.

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capHere is a photograph of this cap in situ in April of 1960.

?

FB, i'm an SS officer guy, and examples like yours just make me melt! Thanks for sharing such an excellent example!

Regards
    Samir

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's cap
    Quote by SSamir View Post
    FB, i'm an SS officer guy, and examples like yours just make me melt! Thanks for sharing such an excellent example!

Regards
    Samir

Thank you. This site is a place to share images for the betterment of all. I have several SS officer caps, actually. The grey ones are quite rare and hard to find in very good condition. They are usually battered.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.

This new cap of mine is nicer in real life, as the Trikot is of sound quality, the sweat band is of nice leather, and it is plainly well made. The peak is lacquered in the lesser wartime quality, and one can see that the expert stitch below the bottom piping was not done as carefully in the pre-war examples.
    This kind of cap is not the rarest of them all, at least in my experience, but it is hard to find in good shape. Whammond has a similar one for sale now, actually.

?

F-B
    Thanks for bringing out your camera and showing us some new pictures of your fine collection. Maybe we can persuade you to photograph some of the your other pieces that we have not yet seen. Congatulations on the new purchase of the early black officers cap it is a real gem.
    grey SS officer's cap

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast