Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

grey SS officer's cap

Article about: Black caps are fine . . . but, personally, I tend to find the grey range much more stimulating.

Default Re: grey SS officer's cap

Quote by BenVK View Post
    A fine choice for that reason alone! I remember seeing this cap before but cannot place it at the moment.

I thought you didn't like the grey ones?
    This cap was the property of an acquaintance, who needed money. I like all SS caps, and this one is actually nicer in real life than in the images, truth be told.
    It is a more conventional piece, but because it was at hand, I bought it and overpaid for the privilege, too, actually.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grey SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

?

Money comes and goes, interesting original pieces like this hat are rarely offered for sale.
    I'm very glad that it is now in your collection.

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's cap
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Money comes and goes, interesting original pieces like this hat are rarely offered for sale.
    I'm very glad that it is now in your collection.
    Thank you for the kind thought. Money mostly goes nowadays, though. I have had the vague goal to own most of the principal types of SS peaked caps in the years 1932-1944, or so, which is not a very long time in the scheme of things.

My desire to secure such objects has operated considerably longer than the existence of these caps in the regime of the era.

A curious fact.

?

You make an interesting point because personally, my desire to own these things has lessened over the years, not increased.
    What is it that keeps your interest alive?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    You make an interesting point because personally, my desire to own these things has lessened over the years, not increased.
    What is it that keeps your interest alive?
    I spend a lot of time in Germany and Austria, and there I am exposed to young people who are also interested in the past, and this fact keeps me going.

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capwhat keeps me going.....there's more to learn each day, and the details do interest me, and some of you, too.
    I enjoy sharing knowledge, as it is my profession. Also, young people need to find their way ahead, and this medium provides somethings of merit.
    I deplore its ill effects, of course, but there are enough decent people here to make the labor worth it.

what keeps me going.....there's more to learn each day, and the details do interest me, and some of you, too.
    I enjoy sharing knowledge, as it is my profession. Also, young people need to find their way ahead, and this medium provides somethings of merit.
    I deplore its ill effects, of course, but there are enough decent people here to make the labor worth it.
    Well said!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks.

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capHere is an article tag in an earlier cap.

grey SS officer's capHere is a used tag on a cap in Northern Europe courtesy of the red lunatic site.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast