Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

grey SS officer's cap

Article about: Black caps are fine . . . but, personally, I tend to find the grey range much more stimulating.

?

Default Re: grey SS officer's cap

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    what keeps me going.....there's more to learn each day, and the details do interest me, and some of you, too.
    I enjoy sharing knowledge, as it is my profession. Also, young people need to find their way ahead, and this medium provides somethings of merit.
    I deplore its ill effects, of course, but there are enough decent people here to make the labor worth it.
    We all profit from your passion for history and attention to the small details that aid in unraveling these riddles from the past. I have enjoyed your recommended literature and thank you for pointing out the existence of these works. I am almost finished with Baranowski's study of the KdF and I have found it rather interesting. As a result of your interest, I am beginning to better understand some of the points you have made in the past regarding the relationship of this regalia, both in its manufacture and use, to the German people and to the goals of the Four Year Plan.

I enjoy my collection all the more as I am able to view these things in further context.

Regards,

CMH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grey SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    You make an interesting point because personally, my desire to own these things has lessened over the years, not increased.
    What is it that keeps your interest alive?
    Dear Ben,

I always am amazed at your ability to narrow down a manufacturer based on the construction of a cap...even down to the way an RZM label was affixed. Interest may wax and wane, but I hope you stay with us as long as you can. Your presence is of great importance to us all and your absence would leave a void that I fear could never be filled.

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    We all profit from your passion for history and attention to the small details that aid in unraveling these riddles from the past. I have enjoyed your recommended literature and thank you for pointing out the existence of these works. I am almost finished with Baranowski's study of the KdF and I have found it rather interesting. As a result of your interest, I am beginning to better understand some of the points you have made in the past regarding the relationship of this regalia, both in its manufacture and use, to the German people and to the goals of the Four Year Plan.

I enjoy my collection all the more as I am able to view these things in further context.

Regards,

CMH
    Thanks.

- - Updated - -

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Dear Ben,

I always am amazed at your ability to narrow down a manufacturer based on the construction of a cap...even down to the way an RZM label was affixed. Interest may wax and wane, but I hope you stay with us as long as you can. Your presence is of great importance to us all and your absence would leave a void that I fear could never be filled.

CMH
    Ben is a major force in our effort.

grey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capgrey SS officer's capContrast of the 1938/9 cap with the later type.

?

Very nice photos of some very nice items. Thank you for the display of contrast.

grey SS officer's capThe 1938/9 cap has alu badges, and these are RZM/SS marked, including the buttons. The underside of the peak is also marked. The latter cap is not so marked, save for the RZM marks on the badges, which are Hicke and Zimmermann the latter with the 1941 date. The Hicke Hoheitszeichen is zinc with nearly all its finish, which is the exception.
    I think the "scull" is CupAl, but I cannot swear to it, nor will I deface the thing to please the head hunters here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-09-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Quote by DrCMH View Post

Regards,

CMH

Thanks. I am glad your collection is flourishing.

?

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Your presence is of great importance to us all and your absence would leave a void that I fear could never be filled
    Thank you, much appreciated. My passion for studying history still remains as strong as before. It's just that these days, my desire to hunt out and procure these foetid woolens and bits of alloy has diminished substantially. I certainly don't crave to own these things like I used to. As a result, my accountant (her indoors!) is much happier with me now.

To be honest, I have all I need when I log in here and see the wonderful items you guys have purchased along with their interesting descriptions and essays on the subject.

What is intriguing as to the 1938/9 cap is its lack of an RZM tag versus black caps made at the same time, likely by the same maker.
    Or not....who knows?
    In any case, I hope these images interest some of you.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thank you, much appreciated. My passion for studying history still remains as strong as before. It's just that these days, my desire to hunt out and procure these foetid woolens and bits of alloy has diminished substantially. I certainly don't crave to own these things like I used to. As a result, my accountant (her indoors!) is much happier with me now.

To be honest, I have all I need when I log in here and see the wonderful items you guys have purchased along with their interesting descriptions and essays on the subject.
    Thanks. The main thing is you help out here. My collection has grown quite a bit in 2012, probably as compensation for other aspects of the cosmos that are in disarray.

I salute your accountant.

Mine is getting tougher with me, too.

My pleasure arises from sharing these things and the facts about them in good company. The pursuit of knowledge represents a fundamental good, and the self work of enlightenment embodies a necessary virtue for persons of character and spirit.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast