Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.

Article about: This item is for sale at a very, very healthy price. Credit Virtual Grenadier.

The cap was well worn. I wonder what it saw prior to 1998. My dealer had access to many pleasing nooks and crannies,
    where I would never ever have found my way in a million years.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.
    P
    Many

I really like the leather billed officer visor, I thought the leather billed officer visors were available as a private purchase option, these are very rare. Any grey SS visor in nice condition is rare to come to the open market imo.

Jamie

Quote by jayjay198666 View Post
    I really like the leather billed officer visor, I thought the leather billed officer visors were available as a private purchase option, these are very rare. Any grey SS visor in nice condition is rare to come to the open market imo.

Jamie
    As concerns black caps, at a certain point, they often had a leather peak. The VA SS forbade these in 1938. What happened after this dictum is obvious
    that, in some cases, persons bought a cap like you see here. Or not. I imagine the cap is of earlier make because the crown is fairly small.
    Or not. This cap strikes me as special ordered, because the name thingies were an option, the initials in metal. And so on.
    This cap costs USD 24,000 which is a little rich for my taste, but, then, I have enough of these. You buy it. The dealer has some nice, expensive
    SS material.

Too high price for me, there is much nicer out there, Yes this dealer as very nice items but expensive, I stick to Kleiderklasse. Would love to see more of your caps of this style please.

Jamie

"Would love to see more of your caps of this style please."

I have made about 27, 300 posts in ten years, and many of these show my collection, or at least, part of it.

Let me also add that the term "Kleiderkasse," is a misnomer. In Februrary 1941, the SS command and the RZM released the grey cap, it seems, from
    its narrow confines, and, according to Mollo, it was then to be made freely by any and all cap makers. No doubt, this move was a result of the wartime
    growth of the SS and the incapacity of the RZM system, and even the VA SS system to manage this change in posture. There is ample documentary evidence
    of these shortages and such. I have owned war time caps with maker marks, and indeed, still own such a thing, but these items are eschewed
    by collector group think. My job here is, when warranted, to torpedo collector group think, especially when it deserves to be amply reamed out.
    Moreover, the black officer's cap was for sale in braune Laeden well into the war, i.e. they were had broadly and not just via the Kleiderkasse SS.

- - ------- - -

If there is an error in this analysis, please correct it, and please furnish me the evidence, too.grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.

Hi, very interesting, I was under the understanding the Kleiderkasse system allowed officers to buy visors at a cheaper price, but could private purchase better quality pieces if they wanted. I would have no issue with owning a maker marked SS visor,

Jamie

Quote by jayjay198666 View Post
    Hi, very interesting, I was under the understanding the Kleiderkasse system allowed officers to buy visors at a cheaper price, but could private purchase better quality pieces if they wanted. I would have no issue with owning a maker marked SS visor,

Jamie
    The Kleiderkasse system indeed allowed the officer or other to buy a cap without onerous credit. That is,
    it aided the personal finances of the SS member.
    The Kleiderkasse was a cooperative to manage the clothing allowance and prevent the assumption of prohibitive debt.grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.

Debt connected with too extravagant uniforms and so forth, the life style of an officer, was the stuff of legend in
    the dynastic period.grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.

was es alles so halt gibt.....grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.

But you see in this brauner Laden, the leading one in Berlin, that there were SS caps on offer.grey SS peaked cap with leather peak.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast