MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Grey SS peaked caps.

Article about: A variety of caps from the collection of K Finhead, a colleague of mine.

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    Dear Mr. Berthold.
    Thank you for your help to identify the place of the Picture and for the translation - I'm not that good with reading the old german Hand writing - now i can read (hope that's right):

"Zur Erinnerung an den Truppenübungsplatz Döberitz. (August 1938) Podsdam Schloss Sansouci - Harry" - Harry was the former owner of this Picture. He served later in the Division Wiking Aufklärungsabteilung 5. I have several Pictures from him showing battles in France, Poland and later Russia, his SS Führerschein, several other papers a and a copy of his Soldbuch. He survived the war.

Well done. I read Suetterlin. A bad habit of mine.

Thanks for the additional detail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.This cap was mine. It is for sale with Shea.

?

excellent and crisp imagery - now, can those really be cloth-covered visors worn by some of these people? with wire stiffeners?! I thought all the soft caps with cloth bills were made specifically formless to stuff into pockets.

also nice to see the 'then-n-now' aspect of the portrait locale. thanks a lot for this colloquy.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.This cap was mine. It is for sale with Shea.

The imagery is Shea's of a cap that was formerly mine. Brian Maederer found it and sold it to Bruce Burnham, who then sold it to me, and I to Shea...

It was or was not found by a "picker," whatever that means.

Quote by vady View Post
    excellent and crisp imagery - now, can those really be cloth-covered visors worn by some of these people? with wire stiffeners?! I thought all the soft caps with cloth bills were made specifically formless to stuff into pockets.

also nice to see the 'then-n-now' aspect of the portrait locale. thanks a lot for this colloquy.
    It is a wonderful image. These people are using the field uniform as a walking out uniform, which, I think was not allowed in 1938 or not.

Mr. Wim or Mr. Derek can speak to the NCO field cap with the chin strap and the stiffener and such. There are also normal peaked caps with a fiber peak, too.

How many times have I noted that people did not follow orders, and then the disobedience was made regulation as an act of realism.

A fact that does not well fit into the collector "textbooks" of certain on line savants.

In any case, a marvelous picture.

Grey SS peaked caps.If this image excites you, Shea has a field blouse of this type for sale.

Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps...and....

Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps.Grey SS peaked caps in wear. Via the Russian website devoted to Jochen Peiper and other sites.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-23-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Grey SS peaked caps.By the way, here is a compelling reason I created this thread.

This image is the typical one that appears in the internet on the theme of field grey SS peaked cap.

And for many, in their dozens, or even in their hundreds, this thing is a real grey SS cap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast