Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A.H tunic/cuff title

Article about: Hello all, it's been quite some time since I've asked for help. I've been in negotiation for the race and resettlement tunic on Bruce's site. During this, I visited a friend at fort hood. Wh

Default A.H tunic/cuff title

Hello all, it's been quite some time since I've asked for help. I've been in negotiation for the race and resettlement tunic on Bruce's site. During this, I visited a friend at fort hood. While there I meet a soldier who had a grandfather in WWII near by. He told me he brought back some items. I meet with him, gave him my email and told him to send some pictures and a list of what he has. So far just one picture, but the list includes a black A.H tunic, waffen ss visor, and officer belt bucket. He will be sending more photos tomorrow. The one I have is of the cuff title on the tunic. It looks to me to be a six strand cuff title. The size looks like nothing I've seen. Any opinions would be great; I'm very grateful for any. The price is shocking for all the items. So if all the items turn out genuine, I will be making a donation to this forum, which has helped me so much. I can only hope I've helped others along the ways. Thanks guys,
    C.S
    More pictures to follow of course.
    A.H tunic/cuff title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.H tunic/cuff title
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: A.H tunic/cuff title

Maybe this will be the score of the year! Good luck, i can't help with it though, but i hope all turns out well!

Ryan

?

Can't say I like it. The writing looks too small.
    Pete

The text on the cuff title looks a little off of a few of the cuff titles FB has posted, it may be a variant?
    the f and Ls are definatley different
    A few examples are in this thread
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...-expert-24480/

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    The text on the cuff title looks a little off of a few of the cuff titles FB has posted, it may be a variant?
    the f and Ls are definatley different
    A few examples are in this thread
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...-expert-24480/
    Yes, I've compared to these of course, and this is what scared me. However, in meeting with the vet, I viewed pictures on him in Europe during WWII in his photo book. More pictures will tell me more, but the title scares me at this point. However, I'm no expert at A.H black tunics and cuff titles. If all it's turn out real, he's only asking 5k. IMO, a score of a lifetime.
    This included an ek2 markers marked 3, a luffwaffe officer flak greatcoat, A.H tunic, waffen ss visor, and a waffen ss belt and buckle all for 5,000usd. I've seen the iron cross and greatcoat, which were both original IMO. The other items were in storage, so sadly I have to wait for photos as I was leaving and we didnt have time to wait for him to get them.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 04-11-2013 at 09:16 AM.

This would be a different variant IMO then the once posted by FB. This being the 6 strand style which IMO did exist.

I'd love to hear from hb. His german is much more advance than mine, as well he ownes much more period books on the construction of ss cloth. My knowledge on six strand cuff titles is extremely limited, consisting of I believe they did indeed exist, but not much more. Thanks for all the comments, considering the origin of these items; I know, i know, don't buy the story, but with what I've seen, I'm very hopeful.

I know very few about SS items and please don't take my words too seriously but i don't like the look of it... It looks a bit sloppy made... The silver piping looks odd and the cuff title itself looks like it isn't stiched on the sleeve... Again, i in no way am an SS expert... I just share my thoughts! Just wait for SS experts to answer...

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I know very few about SS items and please don't take my words too seriously but i don't like the look of it... It looks a bit sloppy made... The silver piping looks odd and the cuff title itself looks like it isn't stiched on the sleeve... Again, i in no way am an SS expert... I just share my thoughts! Just wait for SS experts to answer...
    Thank you sir, all opinions are important IMO. This cuff title is by no mean, "textbook", but with a little study of the history of the construction of ss cloth, one will see nothing is truly textbook. In my short time collecting, I've seen reproduction look more textbook than original items. I've searched over a day now without any success of finding a matching example; reproduction nor original.

A lot of people believe the 41 allgemeine ss tunic on Hannah's reich was a fake until the right person comments and photographic evidence was shown.

To me the title and tunic are fake, neither exhibit the characteristics I would expect if original.

you will no doubt collect more opinions here, but i find that cuff title dubious and with the kind of money at stake one would be talking about here, "dubious" doesn't cut it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast