Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Handschar SS Fez

Article about: Hello gentlemen, What is your opinions on this one. It has caught my attention. I am feeling pretty good about it. Best photos I have for now. Hoping it is a one looker un stripped original.

?

Who has the photo of that storeroom?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Handschar SS Fez
    P
    Many

?

Nice one.
    I have seen some of these stripped for the insignia.

Now you only need the field grey one, aaaand a Handschar uniform.

The fezes were originally bundled together in groups of five from what I have been told GI's used them as containers for the various insignia they took out of the bins. I have only seen one nondescript photo taken inside the storerooms which only shows shelves from a distance. If the lot had not been found at Dachau, the Handschar fex would indeed be a very rare item. I have only owned and seen one that had been issued and worn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The fezes were originally bundled together in groups of five from what I have been told GI's used them as containers for the various insignia they took out of the bins. I have only seen one nondescript photo taken inside the storerooms which only shows shelves from a distance. If the lot had not been found at Dachau, the Handschar fex would indeed be a very rare item. I have only owned and seen one that had been issued and worn.
    Bob,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one. What a sight that must have been piling SS insignia within one of these unissued fez. Funny you mentioned this because a dealer I bought a few tabs from had acquired a lot of tabs, eagles, cuff titles ...you know the Dachua items along with a field green fez he had for sale from a veterans family. A typical Dachua treasure chest find much ones seen here recently.
    Best,
    Anzel

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Nice one.
    I have seen some of these stripped for the insignia.

Now you only need the field grey one, aaaand a Handschar uniform.
    I know were one is now, it is unissued and very fine condition ....I believe the it was a little under a $G.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have only seen one nondescript photo taken inside the storerooms which only shows shelves from a distance.
    Has that photo been posted here before? Would like to see it.

?

FB posted some with Hess and Himmler walking through warehouse at Dachua.

Nice original piece, one that I wish I would have bought a few years back when they were cheap... As in many things hah.

Jeff

?

Thanks Jeff. I did not hesitate and purchased this one because it appears to be in very good condition. Probably unissued and stored well over the years. It should be arriving soon. Also, I have some of its old warehouse buddies coming from another direction.
    Anzel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2