Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have I got a dud?!

Article about: The grey cap with the runics is a very rare item, seldom seen. The fakes, however, are legion. Any grey SS cap is rare; any SS cap black or grey is also rare. You have more images of real on

Simon Peter Lee
    ?

Default Have I got a dud?!

I just took possession of an SS Visor but not sure if it's legit or not. The insignia look a little off but the inside markings (what's left of them seek ok...).

Can anyone give me their thoughts? Thanks.

Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!

2. # ADS

not an expert on this stuff, but i do know you need better, more detailed pictures

Welcome to the Forum. As warbuff mentioned, better pictures are required for a legitimate opinion. Look at any hat thread either here or on the cloth headgear forum and you will see what is required.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

What is happening with the fabric surrounding the Eagle and Deaths Head emblem. Strange looking.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Here are some grey caps of early make.

Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Have I got a dud?!Proper appearance of runic gold leaf mark in SS caps.

- - ------- - -

the sum of which, to my regret, likely equals= dud.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-16-2014 at 03:01 AM.

While I do not specialize in cap badges, the original images included here disqualify themselves in terms of quality, and this fact alone more or less damns the cap insignia in the process.

Simon ..if you may please post a few photos of the whole cap front back and side views. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The insignia are the known polish fakes.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The insignia are the known polish fakes.
    The voice of authority. Basta.

And the cap is likely a variation of the Baltic stinker adhering to the Polish theme.

Sorry.

No offense meant to our Poles, Balts, and so forth.

The issue is the fake caps that do or do not originate there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast