Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

head in the sand

Article about: well i feel i a bit dumb asking this but i will , do you think people out there dealers to the point . have and do add fake tags to original caps tunics , i have come a cross these on insign

Default head in the sand

well i feel i a bit dumb asking this but i will , do you think people out there dealers to the point . have and do add fake tags to original caps tunics , i have come a cross these on insignia , if so whats the point .thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement head in the sand
    P
    Many

Default Re: head in the sand

The point is to decieve!..........Hawkins how long have you been collecting?......this thread will be forwarded to the discussion forum if this becomes un-related to SS regalia
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-21-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The point is to decieve!..........Hawkins how long have you been collecting?......this thread will be forwarded to the discussion forum is this becomes un-related to SS regalia
    Thank you.

- - Updated - -

head in the sandFake RZM tags are as old as the III. Reich itself.

head in the sanda more recent example of many, in their variety....!

- - Updated - -

Fake tags are added to original items, and have been for decades....as well.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    head in the sanda more recent example of many, in their variety....!

- - Updated - -

Fake tags are added to original items, and have been for decades....as well.
    thanks i will put it this way what logic is there to do it this only adds dought to the original item i would think .. is the above cap a real cap ? that a fake tag has been put in

Ha Ha Jim lad me bucko,made to deceive the innocent. mind the black spot Ha Ha.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Ha Ha Jim lad me bucko,made to deceive the innocent. mind the black spot Ha Ha.

yes i know all about the deceive .i just cant work out the logic why risk adding to something if its original, Does a tag realy make that much Differnence to a ss cap or tunic . if they are original to start with .

just wondering thats all there may be no reasoning to why

To answer your question more directly-Yes, the presence of a tag or mark does, indeed, increase the marketability of any specific item and hence it's value/sale price itself as well. People will usually gravitate to an item if it is profusely marked, tagged and stamped, with the mindset that it makes it more easily acceptable to others who may otherwise be more skeptical of it in the collecting community.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."