Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction

Article about: by Glenn66 All I can say is that HH should be grateful he took his own life before posting his cap on the maroon site. The resulting e-lynching would have driven him to suicide. "Sorry,

Default Re: Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    All I can say is that HH should be grateful he took his own life before posting his cap on the maroon site. The resulting e-lynching would have driven him to suicide.
    "Sorry, Reichsführer, but your cap is fake."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction
    P
    Many

?

Life is stranger than fiction and i am amazed that HH would wear a fake visor. Jokes aside, this is really great information and a reminder that all was done according to protocol. Paul E actually started a thread on this a while back, where i posted a pic of my wife's late frie served in ROA Cavalry and i have a pic of him wearing WSS camouflage..... I think i will actually post the pic here. Maybe some will call it fake as well. Hugo was a Swiss national and died in Switzerland 2009.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]445824[/ATTACHTTACH=CONFIG]445825[/ATTACH]Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction   Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction  

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Life is stranger than fiction and i am amazed that HH would wear a fake visor. Jokes aside, this is really great information and a reminder that all was done according to protocol. Paul E actually started a thread on this a while back, where i posted a pic of my wife's late frie served in ROA Cavalry and i have a pic of him wearing WSS camouflage..... I think i will actually post the pic here. Maybe some will call it fake as well. Hugo was a Swiss national and died in Switzerland 2009.

I've seen that before mate but I didn't notice the partisan badge I think, rare award (I hope it is not fake, that would be awkward).

Thank you. Very interesting material.

?

My pleasure indeed. Ditto.

Regards, Lars

?

contemplating prongs perhaps?

Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction
    Quote by jHAM View Post
    contemplating prongs perhaps?
    Bravo. A fine image. Thanks for the addition. I think this is a Hohlwein graphic, too, actually.

The Assmann family were pretty central to the whole Nazi regalia thingy. They were present at the creation and major profiteers from the project as it unfolded. Someone should break out their ouija board and pose some of these questions to Eberhard's spirit.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-03-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionI never violated the prongs in these instances, either. The cap on the right is of early make, and I wager that the 1935/6 Hoheitszeichen was added later, but I have never pried it apart, as if such a thing was necessary.

In fact, I am quite certain that when this new eagle was introduced in 1935/6, persons added it to the existing cap with abandon, and thereby pierced the inner cloth lining with no care for the opinions of some insignificant persons in the year 2005 or whatever. I also imagine that had the person of 2005 or 2013 ventured on a magic carpet to confront said SS Mann, the meeting would have ended badly for the time traveler with a black eye and maybe kidney damage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction  

Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionI had rather expected that the guardians of the holy stitch as well as the wardens of the master check list would join the debate here....?

Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction"Prongs" are almost as contentious as "sculls...." When I bought the cap on the right here from a senior collector in Old Dixie some years ago (a pleasing gentleman, known to you, who quit because he was sick of the jackals and hectoring....) he warned me that if I removed the Hoheitszeichen before I paid for the cap, I was out the full price.
    Needless to say, I bought the cap and have left the badge alone. The prongs, pins, or whatever surely penetrate the lining and look as if they have for years. I think this cap originally had the little badge on it, actually.

[

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast