Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help on Black SS officers visor

Article about: This is an excellent example of how a thread with a simple question can become a very instructive discussion!!!! thanks FB! So,the cap in question looks good but the "TUCHMUTZE" ta

Default Re: Help on Black SS officers visor

I guess the RFSS tag is correct, as I own many of these, but I do not see very well.
    I can only really tell with the RFSS tag when I have them in hand.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Black SS officers visor
    P
    Many

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorThis is another of mine. It came from Whammond, from an officer in the Allgem. SS 49 Sta. in Braunschweig. It has no tags at all.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHere is this species of tag in this cap, itself featured prominently in the Wilkins book, and of somewhat later date. It is noteworthy for many reasons, and it has no date in it, or I could not find one.
    The party forbade logos in the first part of 1935 as one point of data.

The earliest black SS caps of say, 1932-3 or even part of 1934 likely have no tags of any kind. Recall that the end strength of the SS officer corps on 1 January 1933 was all of 818 souls. That's not a lot of caps compared to, say, the officer corps of the German army in 1942.
    And surely, later caps likely had no tags either, and did not conform to the changing styles of Form II, Form III etc.
    The RZM circulars complain endless about cap makers ignoring regulations.
    So, to each his own.
    I do know, however, that the tag in the cap at the head of things (Tuchmuetze) does not conform to others known to me.

You won't get this level of service on other sites, by the way.

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorA very high quality Wagner cap of early make, with the logo and no tag at all.

Thank you FB for you contribution to this thread. You are always generous with you knowledge.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Thank you FB for you contribution to this thread. You are always generous with you knowledge.
    ...and my overwrought opinions.
    Thanks to you, in turn.
    Happy hats, chums.
    All of this is never especially straightforward.

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHere is another wonderful cap I just got, with a uniform from 1935 and the cap has no tags at all, either. It should, of course, but I wager it was made off the grid. I did not pry the badges off, either, nor will I ever.
    I believe this cap is of earlier make, not unlike the August Mueller one with the high crown above.

However, I do not know, and the cap may not be organic to the tunic, though it was sold as such and I wish to believe thus.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-07-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    All of this is never especially straightforward.
    I've come to learn this is the best way; due to this site.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast