Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Help with identifying an SS uniform

Article about: Hello good people, I know it is a long shot but i would like some help. I have a sole remaining picture of my grandfather wearing an SS uniform, i am trying to trace his origins as my father

Quote by Luther1985 View Post
    Hello!

I too have had a look at the chest medals and from my research the less prominent one does look like an infantry assault badge, with the other looking like possibly being a wound badge in silver.

I have also followed advice and sent a request to the Deutsche Dienststelle for information on him, finding more information on him is probably my only way of tracing the german side of my family (if any remain)
    You may be requested to supply them with some form of documentation such as a death certificate, or some other form of family connection.
    I was able to send my father's death certificate when I contacted them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with identifying an SS uniform
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Best of luck, Luther, in identifying your grandfathers uniform. This is the right place to do it. As you can already see, there are some extremely knowledgeable, and friendly, people here.

My grandfather also fought for the SS. Unfortunately, we have no photographs of him.

Since I have been visiting /War Relics Forum/, well over a year, but recently joining as a member, I have learned a great deal about flags, pins, badges and other historical items. And, I'm grateful for it.

Anyway, Luther, I hope it all works out for you, and all questions are answered.

Take care

Quote by rbminis View Post
    You may be requested to supply them with some form of documentation such as a death certificate, or some other form of family connection.
    I was able to send my father's death certificate when I contacted them.
    Ralph.
    Ok thanks for the information, the difficulty with my case was my father changing his name when he came to the UK. Im guessing to distance himself from the name "von Lange".

Quote by RMD View Post
    Best of luck, Luther, in identifying your grandfathers uniform. This is the right place to do it. As you can already see, there are some extremely knowledgeable, and friendly, people here.

My grandfather also fought for the SS. Unfortunately, we have no photographs of him.

Since I have been visiting /War Relics Forum/, well over a year, but recently joining as a member, I have learned a great deal about flags, pins, badges and other historical items. And, I'm grateful for it.

Anyway, Luther, I hope it all works out for you, and all questions are answered.

Take care
    Thanks for the well wishes! Its a shame that there was no pictures in your case, as you can see from my one it was very poor quality and the only one. Im guessing it wouldnt be good to have a load of pictures in your possession just after the war, of someone who was in a organisation thought of as criminal. Do you know which division your Grandfather was with?

Default best quality picture i can get

Hi here is a final quality picture after scanning with a reasonably good quality professional scanner. The quality is probably 10% better but i think the cuff title is slightly clearer now

Help with identifying an SS uniform
    Last edited by Luther1985; 04-10-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: typo

I think it is an LAH cuff title too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3