Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

Article about: Moving on, I'd like to talk about the fabric of the cap cover. I have no doubt about it's authenticity, it's the really horrible quality wool made with wood pulp and god knows what else in t

Default Re: Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

The Herstellungsvorschriften d RZM describe the mixture of fibres in textiles ca. 1936. The periodical Der Vierjahresplan had numerous articles on the transformation of textiles with the Four Year Plan and the technological changes to the garment industry within German chemicals. The Austrian volumes that describe the evolution of the field grey uniform prior to 1918 has an excellent section on the problems of textiles in the war economy of 1914-1918, which is useful for this subject as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)
    P
    Many

Dear N.C. Wyeth,
    As requested, the piping is identical in material and width for all three pipings of the cap.
    (I do have a cap in my collection that has a completely different piping around the crown than that around the band. I will retrieve that one and photograph it.)
    Here is the crown piping of the grey cap and the band piping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)   Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Dear N.C. Wyeth,
    As requested, the piping is identical in material and width for all three pipings of the cap.
    (I do have a cap in my collection that has a completely different piping around the crown than that around the band. I will retrieve that one and photograph it.)
    Here is the crown piping of the grey cap and the band piping.
    Thanks for taking the time to produce additional images . . . time is a valuable thing, and should not go unrecognized I think. Your cap having identical material is what I am accustomed to [although, maybe not always in width, but certainly in type] - but that really means nothing, as my experience in these things remains quite insufficient, and equally limited. I thank you again for taking the time to produce and share the additional images, and look forward to viewing examples of the other cap you mention - it will be another warmly welcomed lesson in cap piping, I'm certain.

Coming from you, I think my belief and convictions for cap piping to be akin may soon become shattered . . .

?

Thank you for the close up photos Derek! also can't wait to see the cap with different piping.

Here's a wonderful EM feldmuetze posted by Doug on the other site. It's obviously rayon piping but difficult to make out the weave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)   Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

Attached Images Attached Images Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher) 

I'm not sure that this example helps you with your decision about the different pipings on your cap but it does go to show that the practice did exist. This white cap, manufactured by Clemens Wagner for the prestigious Berlin outfitter Wilhelma, has the standard white piping around the band. The wider, crown piping is completely different and matches the material used for the top of the cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

?

A white topped Officers cap!? my word, that's incredible! could we see more please?

Here is a picture of the white topped cap. I will get it out tomorrow and take a picture of the lining.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I'm not sure that this example helps you with your decision about the different pipings on your cap but it does go to show that the practice did exist. This white cap, manufactured by Clemens Wagner for the prestigious Berlin outfitter Wilhelma, has the standard white piping around the band. The wider, crown piping is completely different and matches the material used for the top of the cap.
    Thank you very much, Derek - that changes a few thoughts for me. As I said before, with info like this coming from someone like you, I can no longer say with certainty that such an unusual combination is adamantly false. Thanks again for the extra effort, and really looking forward to your further promised contribution(s) . . .

Thanks for the fine image of the white cap which is such a contrast to so much junk.

?

We are very lucky to see such a rare hat. What a treat!

In regards to the crown piping on this example, is it not quite common for the material to match the cover on white tops?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast