Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

HELP,, Opinion on "JEW" textile? In French..

Article about: I got this from Ruptured Duck, Bill Shea 15 years ago..look real?? Cost \\$100.00 then http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/l.../th_jew003.jpg http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/l...957/jew002.j

Default HELP,, Opinion on "JEW" textile? In French..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP,, Opinion on "JEW" textile? In French..
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: HELP,, Opinion on "JEW" textile? In French..

This is a very slippery slope. These are often faked so its hard to tell.
    IMO>
    ~Dean

Bill is a very honest dealer. Chances are that it is a good piece. Personally, I have no knowledge of such items so can not comment.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

What are the measurements of the actual star? But, the material and printing look to be the period of what you would expect them to be, and as has been said, Bill Shea knows his business, so I would think it's simply an unfinished star patch that was never issued. A very uncommon piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Going by the material used, this is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I am sure Bill is an honest dealer....but what about those 24 (!) sets of very rare Luftwaffe Ground Division collar tabs he is offering? They all look like they were made yesterday.

This was Bills message to me yesterday about the stars, perhaps the LW tabs were found in storage? It always makes me wonder...

Hi Andy

I was at a show in Kansas City circa 1990 and bought 10 of these from a guy who had scored a nice vet lot.

Bill

Quote by pieter View Post
    I am sure Bill is an honest dealer....but what about those 24 (!) sets of very rare Luftwaffe Ground Division collar tabs he is offering? They all look like they were made yesterday.
    I also bought a number of pair of these from a veteran that had never been issued and were in like new condition. It appears that more of these were made than ever were badged to a uniform. It is a late war insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

In that case, I guess I reacted a bit to soon. Sorry Bill if I have offended you. And I should have bought the medical pair Espenlaub had for sale!! Sh*t.
    Cheers,
    Pieter