Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

HELP!!! SD collar tabs real or fake?

Article about: I've posted this link before but maybe worth posting again. There is a wealth of reading, listening and watching material contained within this site. Some of which you may find interesting.

Default Re: HELP!!! SD collar tabs real or fake?

Just seems in a way people here "attack" the new guy here. Sorry Bob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP!!! SD collar tabs real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Not the case at all. If you stick around here, you will find courtesy is returned in the same manner. We are an educational site and we attempt to clarify any errors in posts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

People here on this forum does not "attack" new members, unless they feel they have a good reason to ask questions. I still remember being new here. Big Ned and many others always answered my questions no matter i had less than 10 posts. I contradictions in posts are found, questions will be asked. Be sure of that.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Generally speaking, you will NOT find that kind of behaviour on here. There are other places where that goes on quite a lot, but not on the WRF. Try also to look at it from a seasoned collector's point of view, for example somebody who has collected for many, many years and dealt with umpteen newcomers who turn up asking (usually in their first post) what is this and what is it worth? I am not saying that you said that, but any new member must understand that a slight coldness on the part of experienced collectors, does not mean that you are being attacked, it is just a waryness that comes from having to tread ever carefully in this hobby. Again, I reiterate that I am trying to help here, not question or start any kind of slanging match. We don't want that, nor do we need it. This forum is a superb place to learn about this interesting hobby, and used correctly, will reward in such a way that you will find most enjoyable.

Regards,

Carl

?

No-one is attacking you but as I said in my post in the Allgemeine Sturmabazeichen thread you must realise that many of us have seen all too often this type of scenario before.

Please remember that F-B, Bob and many others here have acquired their respective knowledge over many years of experience, hands on experience, hard won knowledge often at considerable personal expenditure and on occasion the odd mistake. They wish to help and impart their knowledge to you but will not simply hand it to you on a plate as you will learn nothing if all answers are dished out freely.

Members such as those who are helping you are also encouraging you to look for yourself. The learning you do off your own back instead of being handed freebies will be worth more than you realise. F-B has posted examples from his collection for you to study and if need be ask questions about, look closely, look at the details and ask questions according to what you see, not what you don't see.

It's great to get the answer to your questions given freely but knowledge isn't built up like that, you have to work to get the reward.

You also should remember manners and politeness will go a long way in your integration to the community. Demands and rudeness will not be tolerated. A calm and enquiring but polite demeanour and an obvious willingness to take on board what you're being told will work wonders for you and more help will come your way if the members realise you do actually want to study, learn and participate in a giving rather than taking way.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    No-one is attacking you but as I said in my post in the Allgemeine Sturmabazeichen thread you must realise that many of us have seen all too often this type of scenario before.

Please remember that F-B, Bob and many others here have acquired their respective knowledge over many years of experience, hands on experience, hard won knowledge often at considerable personal expenditure and on occasion the odd mistake. They wish to help and impart their knowledge to you but will not simply hand it to you on a plate as you will learn nothing if all answers are dished out freely.

Members such as those who are helping you are also encouraging you to look for yourself. The learning you do off your own back instead of being handed freebies will be worth more than you realise. F-B has posted examples from his collection for you to study and if need be ask questions about, look closely, look at the details and ask questions according to what you see, not what you don't see.

It's great to get the answer to your questions given freely but knowledge isn't built up like that, you have to work to get the reward.

You also should remember manners and politeness will go a long way in your integration to the community. Demands and rudeness will not be tolerated. A calm and enquiring but polite demeanour and an obvious willingness to take on board what you're being told will work wonders for you and more help will come your way if the members realise you do actually want to study, learn and participate in a giving rather than taking way.
    Excellent post. Quite simply, for new members, Adrian has outlined how it should, and how it does work. Learning can be such a rewarding experience.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. I hope that you do indeed stick around C.S. as you appear to have some interesting items, and on WRF you will have the opportunity to learn so much about them, and many more things.

?

We do have a laugh and banter as well!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Youthcollector, take notice of what the guys have just advised and you will thoroughly enjoy this forum and hobby. Moreover you will enrich your knowledge tenfold!

If you dont, the Bogeyman will get you

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for all the advice guys! Will do my best to remember it as well. You have to understand I didnt mean to jump in asking question afer question, just was excited to find somewhere were other people have my same interest! Being 25 yrs old not to many of my "meat-head" friends even know there was a 2nd world war lol. Also, im not just new to this forum but new to forums all together; this being my first one. I dont have the connection with each of you like the group seems to have so may mistake something you say to be "rude" when you meant to be helpful. I also don't have the hours in put in to gathering the info. due to my age. I do hope however yu all do still continue sharing your knowledge with the youth otherwise im afraid it may be lost in my generation. Sorry again. Have a good one and thanks for the help, I am very appreate.

also your knowledge far exceed mine! As a newbie I hate to give wrong info to someone like myself. this is the reasoning of my only asking and not giving advice. sorry again

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast