Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help -Waffen SS Tunic

Article about: A friend has this tunic and needs to know period or not?? Not into SS so Im asking for some help from my friends- There are a couple stamps in the tunic on the right inside is a faint "

?

Default Help -Waffen SS Tunic

A friend has this tunic and needs to know period or not?? Not into SS so Im asking for some help from my friends-
    There are a couple stamps in the tunic on the right inside is a faint "SS BW" and a second stamp right below it which is washed out and not legible. In the middle is a 92L stamp. One of the slip on boards also has a stamp on the tongue which is reflected on the picture below.

What say you???
    HorstHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS Tunic
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help -Waffen SS Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Couple more picturesHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS TunicHelp -Waffen SS Tunic

?

Unfortunately this piece is not original...

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    Unfortunately this piece is not original...
    All of it or are parts correct?? a little more info would be helpful;
    Thanks
    Horst

?

I'm not seeing anything I like.

?

Anyone else

Hello,
    It looks like some kind of nordic (sweden, norway, etc...) tunic that has been pimped into a WSS Feldbluse, it has fake markings, wrong features. The lining is totally incorrect. I cannot comment on insignia as it's not my thing but the base is crap...the hole placed above the original nordic marking 92 L is another giveaway, here was placed the coat of arms of the country that produced this garment for its army...that's why a small damage was needed...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

In addition to all that has been said above - not that it matters much at this point, but just for the sake of completeness - the collar rank (Scharführer) doesn't match the shoulder board rank (Unterscharführer) and the collar should have NCO Tresse for either rank.

probably missing something like this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help -Waffen SS Tunic  

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    In addition to all that has been said above - not that it matters much at this point, but just for the sake of completeness - the collar rank (Scharführer) doesn't match the shoulder board rank (Unterscharführer) and the collar should have NCO Tresse for either rank.
    As you say it dosent matter at this point but the shoulder boards and collar tabs are in line with the initial rank insignia prior to 41 when they were changed.