Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi thank you for letting me join the forum I need help on I recently bought I purchased these from a reputable dealer in the uK and go to all the big shows in the USA can someone tell i

Article about: For your help

?

I always wondered why they placed such stamping on the white disc and red armband. Plain visible... ruining the armband.
    Why would they have done that?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi thank you for letting me join the forum I need help on I recently bought I purchased these from a reputable dealer in the uK and go to all the big shows in the USA can someone tell i
    P
    Many

?

fake rzm tag on the sd Diamond,

?

Well, Kirby called in on the tag! How about the raute itself?

?

Well the fake tag on the SD probably is indicitive of the originality of both items. Rob

?

I did a quick google search “German Sd patch” and it showed an example posted on this forum which is different to yours . I suggest you do the same . Rob

Trying to learn here as well Asphil, I've seen the weave vertical and horizontal but not zig zag, maybe another verient ?
    It's looks worn so wouldn't the stamp be more faded if indeed it was originally stamped.
    Just asking the question and probably barking up the wrong tree.
    Thanks for posting and making me think

?

I agree with Kirby’s post #9 entirely. I’m also not at ease with the cotton armband with the paper tag, which I believe is also a reproduction tag, as it does not fit into the overall evolution of the use of a cotton arm band, the tags, and availability as listed in the references. It was around 1938, I believe, that the transition from cloth tags to paper was completed. I, personally, haven’t encountered a cloth arm band with a paper tag. The 1939 price list does not include a cotton arm band for sale via RZM outlets:

Hi thank you for letting me join the forum I need help on I recently bought I purchased these from a reputable dealer in the uK and go to all the big shows in the USA can someone tell i

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Great looking items.
    May I ask a question to make this a learning experience for me?

I thought that the line pattern on SS armbands black strip were straight like this example I found here that was deemed good.

Attachment 1423872

Where the OP's are a ZigZag pattern.

Attachment 1423873

I am by no means questioning anybody's analysis of this. I'm just trying to learn something here and didn't know there were variations.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    The differences you see here are between a cotton arm band and the later wool band that was to be used on the tunic and overcoat (Rock und Mantel). The cotton examples were intended for the earlier brown shirt as Arran pointed out:

although they were rarely seen on the black service tunic (not regulation). One would use what they had at hand and buck regulations, I assume. The cotton variants lacked complete uniformity but with the wool armband, we see a much more uniform product.

Last edited by DrCMH; 11-03-2021 at 09:50 PM.

?

One must always be cautious. The fakes are indeed improving. The following is an example of a genuine armband alongside a more clever fake:

?

Of course, the RZM imposed regulations that aided in the conformity of uniforms and accoutrements:

See the following for a more in-depth discussion:

Roles and Missions of RZM d. NSDAP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2