Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?

Article about: Hello again I've been looking around the forum and I'm now wondering what the highest ranking SS items are around here in your possession. Well, feel free to dump the photos here. If it's ok

?

SS dagger picked up last year with paperwork!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?
    P
    Many

Stunning items, everyone!

?

I have only one piece left from my old ss collection. This shield was cut of a Norwegian POW in Plzen in end of the war by a G.I. The story goes that a group of ss soldiers retreating to captivity in US controlled area, instead of (most likely) execution if caught by the Sovjets.

So this is a shield worn in combat thru the war, and it shows very clear signs of being on a ss uniform. Almost every shield you see today for sale are mint condition, removed from depots.

I have often been thinking of how the uniform looked like, and who this ss soldier was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?  

?

I suppose one cannot outrank Himmler. I have his collar tab, signatures and other items of note however I cannot post pics to this forum from my iPad which I am using to browse for the moment.

But it can be seen in one of my collection threads.

(pardon the auto-hyper link....I did not put it in, it was inserted behind the scenes much to my chagrin)

Quote by cat66 View Post
    SS dagger picked up last year with paperwork!
    Hi Cat..have you posted this CH SS dagger in the dagger forum yet.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry C yes about a year ago, but I need to post the paper work I got wit it. The vet was a surgeon and kept records of all the people he treated. Its amazing!

Quote by DougB View Post
    I suppose one cannot outrank Himmler. I have his collar tab, signatures and other items of note
    Jaw hits desk. Do post photos of those as I have not seen them as of yet. Your collection never ceases to amaze.

I don't collect specifically for rank however here is my SS NCO Visor with NCO sword & matching tunic removed Oberscharführer collar tabs.

Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?

I did some searching and I failed to locate DougB's Himmler collar tab on this site.

Once again, amazing items! But do not forget I also asked for high ranking items from other organizations. If possible. I know this is the SS forum.

I get really jealous of people who find stuff at rummage sales and the like. Where do you get these marvelous pieces of art?

Thanks.

?

Quote by Horst Wessel View Post
    I did some searching and I failed to locate DougB's Himmler collar tab on this site.

Once again, amazing items! But do not forget I also asked for high ranking items from other organizations. If possible. I know this is the SS forum.

I get really jealous of people who find stuff at rummage sales and the like. Where do you get these marvelous pieces of art?

Thanks.
    The German War Room

The thread used to be pinned but I had Ade unpin it as it's quite a bit different today and I do need to post a new thread on my collection as it sits today. In this thread you'll find a few high ranking items, many of which I still own. Some no longer as collections evolve.

-Himmlers tab and calling card
    -Sepp Deitrichs tunic, soldbuch, insignia, letters. (now gone)
    -SS General Demelhubers tunic, overcoat, leather overcoat, an SS Generals Visor
    -SS General Bergers insignia and letters
    -SS Oberfuhrer black and white tunics (white tunic is gone)
    -white SS Generals visor (went with white tunic)
    -one of Hitlers desk standards, brought home by RCASC Cpl. John Delves and given to me by his widow.

Since then added Brigadefuhrer Arnold Sr. grouping, which contains many signatures, letters and dedications by the senior membership of the Third Reich including Darre for whom he worked and Himmler among many others.

While not "high ranking" I have the 2 helmets from Alois Rehrl whom Himmler worked for in 1920. Himmlers put him on his personal staff in Berchtesgaden, both helmets brought to the U.S. by a 101st Airborne soldier in May, 1945 as inscribed in the M35.

I really do need to post new pics.

My compliments on the items posted thus far.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast