Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?

Article about: Hello again I've been looking around the forum and I'm now wondering what the highest ranking SS items are around here in your possession. Well, feel free to dump the photos here. If it's ok

Y'all have seen these before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?   Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer Crewman View Post
    Y'all have seen these before.
    ...But they don't get old!

I can go one down... SS-Gruppenfuhrer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?   Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?  

Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?   Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?  

?

I have zero to show, except being able to express my wonderful feelings when i see important historical objects still exists in safety at their current caretakers.

?

Beautiful examples Panzer Crewman!
    Are these wonderful pieces named?

Semper Fi
    Phil

No, unfortunately. When the collapse of the Reich was inevitable, many SS men ditched their uniforms for civilian or uniforms from the other services. Also, many labels with names were discarded to prevent the Allies using them to identify possible war criminals.

Here is the greatcoat of an SS-Obergruppenfuhrer with a rabbit fur collar, silver-gray lapels, sewn in shoulder boards and silver bullion sleeve eagle. All of these SS general uniforms belong to a good friend and mentor of mine.

Panzer Crewman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?  

Well, while we are doing SS generals, might as well get the last one onboard --- SS-Brigadefuhrer. Note the cello shoulder boards. Note: cello has been pointed out to be late war; however, celluloid has been out since the 1920s. The collar tabs are the screw on type... lots of badge loops.

Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?   Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?  

A couple of mine

Very nice sleeve eagle. I've never cared for the pre-April 1942 rank insignia for the SS. I've always liked the 1943-45 materials. Just a personal preference.

This is not a high ranking SS officer but for those who like panzer uniforms, I think this is one of the best around.

Last edited by Panzer Crewman; 03-30-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Default Gottlob Berger insignia.

I was fortunate enough to buy this little grouping.

OGF Gottlob Berger insignia set, complete with provenance.

Highest Ranking SS item(s) you have?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast