Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Himmler in early years

Article about: Heini Himmler prior to the advent of his own collar patch in mid-1934

Default Re: Himmler in early years

Another early candid shot. He often had this goofy smile and arms akimbo pose. It seems to capture the essence of the man. Who is an expert on body language here? This contrast between appearance and the voiçe in the Posen speech is so troubling.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler in early years  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-22-2008 at 04:03 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler in early years
    P
    Many

a war time image.
    Attached Images Attached Images Himmler in early years 

another...folklore and HH at an alpine setting..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler in early years  

I think these images are from his personal photo albums also found at the Starnbergersee residence at war's end. Or they are in the National Archives. Some of these are from Ullstein's website or that of the Bildarchiv preussischer Kulturbesitz. I believe the other SS officer is Hitler's pilot, Hansl Baur. Notice the over the top Dolchschlitz on HH's Dienstrock.

another... Goering's birthday in 1937. Notice the caps with their silken insides. I wonder what is in the box? Likely a picture of some kind. Who was the artist? More imporant, who had owned the picture in 1932 or so? Likely from an aryanized art collection that suited HG's taste.

Here a later scene of similar nature...in wartime the correlation of forces between these men had changed. HH was catching up in terms of the formation of an empire as well as smash and grab brand of capitalism. Goering's star was descending and HH's was on the rise. You can see it in HG's face, too. This is January 1941.

another scene...a sports competition awards ceremony at the summer solstice in 1939.

A wartime image of HH and H. Hoffman, I think. The latter's memoirs have been published again in which he relates how Bormann spread false rumors about Hoffman's ill health.

here another. RFSS and Wolff amid some Gepaeckmarsch. I am sure this kind of use also rendered the dagger less appetizing to those interested in the categories of mint so salivated over on 21st century websites. Plus, I am sure HH sweated up his cap, too. Marching was a central part of being a Stormtrooper and derived from obvious military sources; but also the romantic movement of the Wandervogel who sought to get middle class and workers out of cities and into the fresh air. It was not unlike the role of the tour de France in the 19th century, where young Frenchmen and women saw their country and became nationalistic. That is, they overcame their attachment to a little town or countryside of their ancestry. The Nazis did the same thing, on a greater scale. So, these marches were para military, but also ideological in the sense of their effect on hearts and minds.

In the same theme. I bet these woolens became fetid in the process...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast