Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Himmler, Eigruber, Mauthausen

Article about: An image from the German archives of the RFSS and Gauleiter Eigruber in Mauthausen. Eigruber plainly had honorary rank in the SS, but apparently no grey uniform in the spring of 1941. Eigrub

Default Himmler, Eigruber, Mauthausen

An image from the German archives of the RFSS and Gauleiter Eigruber in Mauthausen. Eigruber plainly had honorary rank in the SS, but apparently no grey uniform in the spring of 1941. Eigruber was Gauleiter of Oberdonau (sort of Oberoesterreich, I think...) from '38-'45. His plans to rebuild Linz were central to the quarry at Mauthausen.
    Attached Images Attached Images Himmler, Eigruber, Mauthausen 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-14-2008 at 08:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler, Eigruber, Mauthausen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Himmler, Eigruber, Mauthausen

SSTV staff at Mauthausen in wartime...surely someone here can identify these people.

Himmler and others with collective smile in the Wienergraben quarry at Mauthausen. If you have been there, you will likely have no smile on your face.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-14-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Elderly staff at Mauthausen. Who is this man? What became of him?

Himmler in the barracks area at Mauthausen above the quarry. Here Eigruber is in an NSDAP uniform, along with the camp commander, Franz Ziereis (complete with a number on his TV collar patch and a political Hoheitszeichen on his cap....omigod...) as well as Wolff and other luminaries.

The foregoing is not meant to glorify these people. Rather, since I went there recently, these images are a useful addition to the widespread interest in the personnel of these places and their regalia. These images also illustrate the peculiar nature of the SS as a pillar of the regime literally in production of construction material through slave labor. The on line resources of the German archives are a real boon to people seriously interested in an understanding of this material. The march of technology throws open the doors of knowledge in a pleasing way.

very interesting Uniform details!

I just contacted the Archive in Koblenz last week. I have to send them one formal from back, actually another company will work to give me the requested copys. Still have to ask what the fees are ...

Dear Robert, The fees are costly, but you have access to real money. There are many more images of Mauthausen on the Bundesarchiv site. You also might have to justify your research interest, too. In your native country, archives are a pretty serious, straight laced affair.

Thumbs up Re: Himmler, Eigruber, Mauthausen

I had to pay $430.00 for 134 pages for my majors file.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler, Eigruber, Mauthausen  

This sum does not surprise me with the weak dollar. The main point is that the biography enhances the regalia's value; and, more important, we are all passionately interested in these people in their full dimension. Archival research is an important adjunct of any serious collector, versus a superficial accumulator or misguided amateur.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast