Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Himmler Photos

Article about: Hi Guys I know this is probably not the proper forum to post these ( I have posted them on the photo forum as well ) but figured I would share with the SS men who might like to see them. The

PEB
    ?

Default Himmler Photos

Hi Guys
    I know this is probably not the proper forum to post these ( I have posted them on the photo forum as well ) but figured I would share with the SS men who might like to see them. The reverse of the photo of him on the tennis court is said to be his handwriting, possibly the photo of him with Karl Wolff as well. Enjoy!

Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler Photos   Himmler Photos  

Himmler Photos   Himmler Photos  

Himmler Photos   Himmler Photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler Photos
    P
    Many

Default Re: Himmler Photos

The sinister looking photo with Himmler in the rain coat, and the phrase "polnische Wirtschaft" is fairly extraordinary, actually. Has this ever been published elsewhere? It is in the genre of the Polish campaign images of subject populations being put under the yoke, as was frequently shown in the press.

For those of you baffled by the phrase, "polnische Wirtschaft" is a nationalistic, anti Slav comment on how screwed up Poland was recalling the period of the three way partitions of Poland in the 18th century.

PEB
    ?

I am not positive but am under the impression that the tennis photo and photo of him with Wolff are one of a kind and have not ever been published. The story I was told was that these photos were taken from Himmler's desk from an SS man fleeing at the end of the war. The photos were then sold by the man while raising money for his daughters wedding quite a few years later.

Quote by PEB View Post
    I am not positive but am under the impression that the tennis photo and photo of him with Wolff are one of a kind and have not ever been published. The story I was told was that these photos were taken from Himmler's desk from an SS man fleeing at the end of the war. The photos were then sold by the man while raising money for his daughters wedding quite a few years later.
    thanks. Very interesting material.

I wonder if anyone ever had the cahones to whip Heinrich at tennis? "Ah! Great game, Hans! Do you speak Russian, by the way? Just curious..."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Interesting photos! I wounder what was going on there in the photo of the woman and little girl. Hard to tell if it is Himmler. His shoulder board look blank?

?

Some very unusual candid shots including the schoolboy one , you have done well to locate these ones
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings