Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Himmler and Wolff in grey overcoat with black collar and black cap....

Article about: Is this November, 1933?

I dug around a bit more, and found that the first photo is also offered by Getty Images. They have it dated at November 1932, during the electoral campaign.

See: Heinrich Himmler Ernst Rohm Hermann Esser Franz Xaver Schwarz Wilhelm... Nachrichtenfoto 141557345 | Getty Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler and Wolff in grey overcoat with black collar and black cap....
    P
    Many

HPL2008 is right when saying 1932-1933 with the first two photographs. I rate the photos as anyway late
    1933 or early 1934, as they are from the old photo-files from the "Süddeutsche Lufthansa".
    The Richthofen was an airplane from the Lufthansa-stocks until later 1933, when it was transferred to the
    Regierungsstaffel.
    The police-officer with the second photograph looks to me as he is wearing the shako plate-symbol for the
    Bavarian police.
    Baur may have been already Hitler's personal pilot with the first photo. September 20, 1933 he had flown for the
    Lufthansa one million flight-kilometers and got his specific needle at the airfield of Munich.

Thank you, colleagues, very much. But what about the grey overcoats in the case of Himmler and Wolff? Have you seen these before?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you, colleagues, very much. But what about the grey overcoats in the case of Himmler and Wolff? Have you seen these before?
    Here is a similiar one:

(Detail from an Allgemeine SS group photograph I own.)

?

Very nice photo detail HPL2008 thanks for showing it.

Thanks also to F-B for photos that started the thread.

Thanks, colleagues, much appreciated. Each day something new emerges.

These grey overcoats were worn by the Politischen Bereitshaften SS in the 1933/1934 period. They have a very deep vent that extends up the back of the coat with a backstrap.
    Although it looks like a foot regiment number it is possible that the man in HPL's good photo wears the 'SS2" patch as the Wuerttemberg unit definitely wore them.
    d'Alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Although it looks like a foot regiment number it is possible that the man in HPL's good photo wears the 'SS2" patch as the Wuerttemberg unit definitely wore them.
    Here's the best I could do with a close-up of the collar patch. Unfortunately, at this magnification, it is too blurred to be much of an improvement:

It looks like a "62" to me, but I am far from certain.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    stair photos are taken at the Feldherrenhalle in Munich, early days.
    Could HH and the rest of the TR members present be celebrating an anniversary of the Beer Hall Putsch, due to the early nazis flag/symbol, Laurel leafs and banner/sash on the steps?

Himmler and Wolff in grey overcoat with black collar and black cap....Himmler and Wolff in grey overcoat with black collar and black cap....The date hinges, I think, on Wagner's shoulder boards on his NSDAP tunic? And Himmler's rank.
    Notice the distance to Roehm, as well.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-14-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast