Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How to spot fake Skulls and Eagles

Article about: Could someone please give a good guide like Mr. Stevenson on how to spot fake SS metal insignia on hats? The eagles and skulls. I've never dealt with the such but a guide would be very usefu

See below.

SS officers visor:
    How to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and Eagles

SS Generals visor:
    How to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and Eagles

The material used for the "piping" isn't the same on both examples.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to spot fake Skulls and Eagles
    P
    Many

How to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and Eagles
    Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    Well since we are here, how can you tell the difference between a General's cap and an officer's if they're both white piped?
    See this picture.

A small point, the piping on the senior cap was originally silver wire, and then became alu wire. There is a difference, in the former degrades to a dark shade, and the latter degrades to white powder.

Luft Kapitan..can you contribute by posting some questionable examples of your own for our advanced teaching staff here..so that they may be able to answer what you are asking. Please DONT WASTE THEIR TIME...when there are already in place sticky threads with such topics ( Seen Below )

The age of computer technology and some old fashioned thought..from memory..led me to retrieve with minimal effort this thread just above your titled thread in the sticky section. This thread here Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

I hear a ticking noise..and its not a clock
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Luft Kapitan..can you contribute by posting some questionable examples of your own for our advanced teaching staff here..so that they may be able to answer what you are asking. Please DONT WASTE THEIR TIME...when there are already in place sticky threads with such topics ( Seen Below )

The age of computer technology and some old fashioned thought..from memory..led me to retrieve with minimal effort this thread just above your titled thread in the sticky section. This thread here Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

I hear a ticking noise..and its not a clock
    Well said, Larry. With that amount of work put into this thread already, which can be easily found with the push of a few buttons via google or any fora, I'd expect a bit more gratitude from the inquisitor. The words please and thank you are a necessity here, but maybe that's just how I was raised.

Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    Thank you very much.
    See post # 14. The air force captain has indeed offered thanks, as a point of order.

How to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesHow to spot fake Skulls and EaglesBy the way, what say you persons about my point that none of my several 1927-1929 Hoheitszeichen is identical to the other?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    See post # 14. The air force captain has indeed offered thanks, as a point of order.
    Thank you, I did see that post. I just feel it would be nice to see a please before each question and a thank you after the answer is given, especially considering the volume of different questions already asked here. Again, I maybe being trivial here. This is just how I was raised which is important to me now more than ever with the passing of my Mother...who was the one that taught me such manners.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-01-2014 at 02:07 AM.

You are absolutely right that each post should have a please and thank you. Sad it is, indeed, that so often such minimal courtesy lies beyond the reach of so many. Or, the sense of entitlement in this brave, new world means that unseen persons bark orders at us saps like we were waiters in some dining room in a slap stick comedy hotel for madmen.
    We all mourn the loss of your dear mother. There is much death and illness in the lives of so many here and beyond.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-01-2014 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks for the help and the wonderful examples. The good news is if someone asks my same questions you can use this as a precedent.

But you said that threads that point out flatly what makes originals look original and not fake are dangerous because they're guides on how to make good fakes. Soo...I guess the Afrikakorps cuff one and the Bevo one can stay up. It makes sense if you don't think about it. But yeah thanks for telling me the difference between general and officer caps with the piping, and thanks for the kind words. Whenever I doubt an item you guys come to mind. The one site I know to trust, even though I've been here so shortly. Well have a nice day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast